Nerdfighters

what's your favorite book you've been assigned to read?
mine's The Outsiders

Views: 2032

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Great Gatsby, but i also like The Picture of Dorian Gray

My Favourite book that I was assigned to read was probably Anthem by Ayn Rand.

I really like To Kill a Mockingbird. I thought it had some really nice quotes. :)

"The Catcher in the Rye," closely followed by "Frankenstein." In the same 10th grade English class. Thank you, Madame English Teacher! :D

I definitely enjoyed the Outsiders, up until 9th grade it was my favorite, but for my 9th grade summer reading, I got assigned Ender's Game and that one took the cake.

A Separate Peace, John Knowles. I think everyone else in my English class hated it, but I really enjoyed it.

The Outsiders, without a doubt. We also read The Kite Runner. Fabulous  book, as well.

- Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger.
- Walden by Henry David Thoreau.
- The Giver by Lois Lowry.

- Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt.

- Sybil by Flora Rheta Schreiber.

- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck.

- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.

- A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. 

Their Eyes Were Watching God is my favorite.  I loved anything that took me by surprise-- If I thought I knew how much I'd love or hate a book and was wrong-- bingo!

Also, The Sound and the Fury and The Glass Menagerie

For me, this past year has been fantastic in terms of assigned books. I read To Kill a Mockingbird, A Lesson Before Dying, and 1984- all of which I loved.

I really liked reading Wuthering Heights, as well as Crime and Punishment. I think I was the only one in my class that didn't hate those books though, haha.

I am no longer in school, but of the books I remember being assigned from junior high through h.s. graduation, I liked:

The Outsiders

The Miracle Worker (the 1962 movie is also my favorite of all time)

...crap, I'm blanking now...

um...

oh, I quite liked Black Like Me, I think I had to read that in my senior history class.

also I LOVED Lord Of The Flies, I kept reading ahead of the assigned pages for the day.  It's the only book that's ever truly scared me.

I remember reading To Kill A Mockingbird in either junior or senior English class but hated it then.  However, I came across it some ten years later at a store and started reading the first few pages and started getting into it, so I bought it. Long story short, it's one of my favorite books now.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2015   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service