Nerdfighters

what's your favorite book you've been assigned to read?
mine's The Outsiders

Views: 2035

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Of Mice and Men! It's adorable (:
I would have to say The Outsiders. It was the only book that I didn't want to throw out the window.
Hamlet and Nathan the Wise by Lessing. I just loved it. But going to school in Germany I had to read both parts of Faust by Goethe. That was a huge drawback for my enthusiam during lit.
To Kill a Mocking Bird or The Outsiders

It seems, for me, liking assigned books is a 50/50 chance, but some of the books I genuinely enjoyed were: 

*A Tale of Two Cities

*The Crucible

*In Cold Blood 

*East of Eden

I also usually end up reading books before they're assigned...like Jane Eyre. <3 

I'm tied between Killing Mr. Griffin and Tuck Everlasting :/

Favorite assigned book - Lord of the Flies. A classic! 

Favorite assigned play - Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak! Amazing book.

Overall I think it'd be To Kill a Mockingbird.

We did go over that book so much though because it was so applicable to critical lens essays. (I live in a regents state.) But I graduated with an advanced regents diploma which looks so much prettier than the regular diplomas. That is so sad to say.

Either "The Book Thief" or "1984".

The Jungle by Upton Sinclair or The Odyssey by Homer. Or Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe, even if Eva made me want to stab myself out of hatred for her.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, for me. Yes, I just unintentionally rhymed.... lol. I guess I was just fascinated at the possibility of living under the sea, and all the technology Nemo invented. Yeah, I love that book. :)

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2015   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service