Nerdfighters

what's your favorite book you've been assigned to read?
mine's The Outsiders

Views: 1991

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Either Tuesdays with Morrie or Animal Farm
The Crucible.
By far the most interesting.
Actually, no. It's a tie between that and To Kill a Mockingbird. Those were both phenomenal!

♥Megz♥
My class just read the Crucible. Loved it.
Oh crap... this sucks! I hate having to pick!
Um... let's see, I'll do it this way.
Favorite assigned book for going into 9th grade: Animal Farm or Fahrenheit 451.
For going into 10th: To Kill a Mocking Bird.
For 11th: The Kitchen God's Wife. <333

I think that's about it.
I wanted to kill myself while reading animal farm. Worst experience of my life.
agreed.
I still haven't finished it and I graduated 3 years ago...
There's only one book they've assigned us to read - Holes by Louis Sachar. It's absolutely brilliant =D
I'd read it earlier though, so somehow it doesn't count as much.

Oooh, I really liked The Outsiders, my friend was reading it on assignment and I heard he liked it, so I thought I'd give it a shot (Though hearing it recommended by him was weird since... well since nobody in my school reads. *sighs* Unfortunately, I'm dead serious. The only person in my school I've met this year who actually reads outside school assignments was a fellow nerdfighter - who has now swithed school. *Hmmphf*).
Holes!
Holes was a brilliant book whe I read it in year 7 (I was 11). But then we read it in year 8, and the teacher read so slowly that he kept telling me to reread it when I finished.
In that term I read Holes 7 times whilst he read it to the class once.
Needless to say, thanks to him I now hate Holes, with a passion.
I really liked To Kill a Mockingbird but I haven't been assigned it, I'm not in that grade yet.
The Great Gatsby
SHAKESPEARE!(!!!1!)
Allegory of the Cave

And this one book, I can't remember the title of it, about this fisherman who builds his own boat and cheats on his wife with a girl named Elsie. And a big storm comes at the end of the book and he has to sail it out to sea in order to avoid his book getting wrecked. Hmm...damn, I wish I could remember the title. O.o
The Giver ;D

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service