Nerdfighters

what's your favorite book you've been assigned to read?
mine's The Outsiders

Views: 1926

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Outsiders, without a doubt. We also read The Kite Runner. Fabulous  book, as well.

- Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger.
- Walden by Henry David Thoreau.
- The Giver by Lois Lowry.

- Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt.

- Sybil by Flora Rheta Schreiber.

- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck.

- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.

- A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. 

Their Eyes Were Watching God is my favorite.  I loved anything that took me by surprise-- If I thought I knew how much I'd love or hate a book and was wrong-- bingo!

Also, The Sound and the Fury and The Glass Menagerie

For me, this past year has been fantastic in terms of assigned books. I read To Kill a Mockingbird, A Lesson Before Dying, and 1984- all of which I loved.

I really liked reading Wuthering Heights, as well as Crime and Punishment. I think I was the only one in my class that didn't hate those books though, haha.

I am no longer in school, but of the books I remember being assigned from junior high through h.s. graduation, I liked:

The Outsiders

The Miracle Worker (the 1962 movie is also my favorite of all time)

...crap, I'm blanking now...

um...

oh, I quite liked Black Like Me, I think I had to read that in my senior history class.

also I LOVED Lord Of The Flies, I kept reading ahead of the assigned pages for the day.  It's the only book that's ever truly scared me.

I remember reading To Kill A Mockingbird in either junior or senior English class but hated it then.  However, I came across it some ten years later at a store and started reading the first few pages and started getting into it, so I bought it. Long story short, it's one of my favorite books now.

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

My school system doesn't assign many awesome books but I really liked this one.

The Yellow Wallpaper - all of our assigned books seem to have an underlying feminist message, but hey-ho that's what you get for going to the same school as Margaret Thatcher

"Brave New World"

Fantastic book. Creepy how close to the mark Huxley was getting to our own society that far back.

A Thousand Splendid Suns, totally worth a read.

To Kill a Mocking Bird  

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service