Nerdfighters

This might already exist, but I didn't feel like sifting through the massive amount of discussions. 

When I was a kid, I almost exclusively read Pippi Longstocking books by Astrid Lindgren. 
I didn't broaden my horizons much for a long time, but I read all the Little House on The Prairie books in 3rd and 4th grade. I mainly read school material until 6th grade, which is sad.  But hey! Better late than never!

Tags: books, childrens, favorites, justbooks, notblurbingbookclub

Views: 254

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Before I could even really read I loved the Serendipity and Raggedy Ann & Andy books.  Then when I could actually read by myself, I loved (in no certain order)

-BFG

-Dear America and Royal Diaries books

-The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes

-Goosebumps

-Avalon: Web of Magic and Avalon:The Quest for Magic

-Series of Unfortunate Events

-Song of the Lioness quartet 

-Harry Potter :)

As a kid, I didn't branch out much in my reading. I stuck to authors/series that I knew and loved. I'm pretty sure I read every single Boxcar Children and Magic Tree House book. The Phantom Tollbooth, by Norton Juster was (and still is) one of my favorites. I was a big fan of the Redwall series, by Brian Jacques, The Dark is Rising series, by Susan Cooper and a couple classics: A Little Princess and The Secret Garden. 

Oh and of course, Harry Potter :) 

I didnt really start rreading untill I was around ten-ish. I had a bit of a learning dissability that just made it way to hard for me to consintrate for that long. Lucky for me I had an amazing older sister that would read to me( she actualy read the first Harry Potter alowed to me). I LOVED the Mrs. Pigglwiggle books. I also had a 3rd grade teacher that read us The Sideways stories from Way Side School. When I finaly started to read on my own I liked Mr. Poppers Penguins, The Magic Tree House and 100 Dresses. But my all time favorie then (and still now) is Ella Enchanted.

When I was six my brother read the first HP book aloud to me ^_^ It's actually what got me into reading in the first place (I like to say he created a monster :P)

Older siblings -- fab, right? :D

I really loved Jane Eyre and the Rowan of Rin series. I can remember some other books that I loved too, but I can't remember their titles. :( :))
Michael Morpurgo is an amazing author, loved his books. Never got around to Private Peaceful, though. I loved Kensuke's Kingdom.
i read a lot of agatha cristies work as a kid as well as a lot of the target who novels
When I was little I loved the book Tikki Tikki Tembo. The name was just fun to say! - Tikki tikki tembo-no sa rembo-chari bari ruchi-pip peri pembo. When I was in grade school I read a lot of Ramona Quimby. In middle school I really got into V.C. Andrews books - especially the Dollanganger series with Flowers In The Attic.

The BFG, it's absurd how many times I managed to read it as a kid. So that and I had a little battered book called 'Fleabag and the Ring of Fire' which I've read more times as a kid than I can recall

Ahh memories *is wistful*

Well, I love Iliad and Odyssey when I was still a child. Not because of my namesake, but because of the stories and the morals inside that epic work.

Also includes the likes of Connecticut Yankee's in King Arthur's Court, which I learned during in my teenage years, that the book was inspired by Nikola Tesla. Those were the good times.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service