Nerdfighters

Not really sure if this should go into the books section, but anyway...
What is your favorite comicbook series?
For me, Sandman by Neil Gaiman (also known as GOD) and V for Vendetta by Alan Moore

Views: 9

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Superman: Red Son, not sure who it's by.
While I enjoyed Watchmen, it think it's got a far greater reputation than it deserves.
Mark Millar. Same dude who brought us Kick-Ass.
I'm just starting my foray into the world of comic books, but a friend has gotten me into Fables, and another has gotten me loving Watchmen. I have a loooong way to go, though!
I agree with Sandman. Neil Gaiman is one of the best writers of all time. Alan Moore is brilliant. Of his, I think The Ballad of Halo Jones doesn't get mentioned as often as it should. It is fantastic. I really wish he'd settle things with the publisher so he can go and finish it.
The Walking Dead, Preacher, Invincible, Transmetropolitan, and Gravel are my favorite series. As for graphic novels, anything and everything by Warren Ellis or Garth Ennis, The Crow, 30 Days of Night, and Top 10.
The Crow is brilliant. I've only read one of the 30 Days of Night series. Red Snow, set in a small Russian village in World War 2. Really good.
The first one is the best by far.
My two favourite comic book series are the Sandman series by Neil Gaiman and The Umbrella Academy by Gerard Way.
I don't read graphic novels or comic books, but I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of Mr. Gaiman.
Johnny The Homocidal Maniac by Jhonen Vasquez.
Grimm's Fairy Tales.

They are so good, I mean sure they can be a little risque but I'm enjoying classic fairy tales being retold for an older audience..
My favourite comicbook series is Elfquest by Wendy and Richard Pini.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service