Nerdfighters

I just realized that no one every really talks about non-fiction books. my favorite are:

-'The diet for teenagers only', can't remember the authors names at the moment. this is an awesome book. i'm not fat but this isnt really a diet. its more about living healthy and knowing how to eat well-balanced meals and how much of what foods you should eat per day depending on your bmi and stuff. its awesome. sometimes i read it just for fun. plus its one of those non-fics that are fun to read and it attracts you because its all pretty colors and nicely laid out and what not.

my other favorite is cookbooks. any kind. i just love them. i like to go through them sometimes and just read the recipes and think of meals surrounding a certain recipe. im a cooking nerd. my favorite cookbook is 'teens cook'(in my pants) and i cant remember the authors name of that either but its two sisters named meg and jill something i think.

so what are you favorite non-fics?

DFTBA
mariah

Tags: books, fiction, non, non-fic, non-fiction

Views: 159

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I did not read Rocket Boys first. As long as you know who he is. If you seen the movie you will be familiar with everyone in the book.
I haven't but I could. Thanks :)
Definately
Giraffes? Giraffe! by Dr. and Mr. Haggis-On-Whey
in my heart its non-fiction
I agree with Sara- Without You: A Memoir of Love, Loss, and the Musical RENT is easily one of the finest books I have ever read. Other than that, though, I've got to stick with my beloved new journalism masterpiece (In Cold Blood by Truman Capote).
Actually, one of my summer reading books. It's called The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. We have to read it for my English class next year. It is a touching, sad, yet humorous book about living life. Much better the last autobiography I read for AP Biology (A Life Decoded: My Genome: My Life by J. Craig Venter).
anything Carl Zimmer. Microcosm was made of awesomeness.
the Diary of Anne Frank
Billions and Billions by Carl Sagan
The Dangerous Book for Boys by Conn Iggulden
Most of Dawkins' stuff
The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson (although by times it's portrayal of events could be considered exaggerated)
Bathroom Readers, they're just endlessly entertaining.
I love bathroom readers! Nobody ever knows what I'm talking about when I mention them. XD
Also, 1421 was really really good. I also really liked "What the Great Religons Believe". It was written in 1962, so some of the research is outdated, but it was still really interesting.
Eat, Pray, Love By Elizabeth Gilbert
Perfect From Now On: How Indie Rock Saved My Life by John Sellers. I can't begin to tell you how much I love that book.
Either that or Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs by Chuck Klosterman. Even if I disagree with some of his conjectures.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service