Nerdfighters

Introductions can sometimes say a lot about a book, we have to admit that they can be quite influential.

What's your favourite opening line/opening chapter to a book?

Views: 751

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

In nineteen minutes, you can mow the front lawn, color your hair, watch a third of a hockey game. In nineteen minutes, you can bake scones or get a tooth filled by a dentist; you can fold laundry for a family of five....

In nineteen minutes, you can stop the world, or you can just jump off it.

In nineteen minutes, you can get revenge.

-Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

I also love the beginning of her novel My Sister's Keeper and the opening of TFIOS.

Favorite opening lines are from The Voyage of the Dawntreader "There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it." and Going Bovine by Libba Bray "The best day of my life happened when I was five and almost died at Disney World."

gotta love Good Omens

ack... *too, gotta love them all, really

"I am constantly torn between killing myself and killing everyone around me." It's the beginning of chapter 2 in Will Grayson,Will Grayson.

My favorite chapter title is "Life sucks, then you die, I should be so lucky." I believe it's from Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer.

A book from my childhood, Fairest by Gail Carson Levine--

"I was born singing. Most babies cry. I sang an aria."

"Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way." , fist line of Anna Karenina. 

Definitely-

"Mr and Mrs. Dursley of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much."

so many aweswome ones.  so, sticking with the book i just finished: 'It rained toads the night the White Council came to town.

"Alice was Beginning to get very tired of sitting by her sister on he bank, and of having nothing to do: once or twice she had peeped into the book her sister was reading, but it had no pictures or conversations in it, 'and what is the use of a book,' thought Alice, 'without pictures or conversations?'"

- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carrol.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service