Nerdfighters

Fictional Crushes, and what they say about us...

Long story short, I was reading the other day, when a few things occurred to me. The first, being that I seem to have a pretty decently sized list of Fictional Crushes. The second, being that there must be a logical reason why I like these fantastical men. And that maybe, by looking into who these characters are, I can figure out...something...

1. Aragorn (LotR)
2. Peeta Mellark (The Hunger Games trilogy)
3. Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
4. Remus Lupin (Harry Potter)
5. Neville Longbottom (Harry Potter)
6. Owen (Just Listen)
7. Alcide Hervaux (The Sookie Stackhouse books)

After a bit of thought, I've come to the conclusion that I like softies, with rough around the edges exteriors. I like brown hair, and guys who are either a.) surprisingly strong, or b.) exceptionally sarcastic. Also, in terms of literature, I'm easily won over when a character is willing to fight to the death for someone...

Anyway, what are your fictional crushes? And what patterns can you find?

Tags: books, crushes, fictional, love, men, patterns, romance

Views: 1294

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

High fives for Colonel love^^
1. Draco Malfoy (Harry Potter)
2. The Master (Doctor Who)
3. Itachi (Naruto)
4. Eric Northman (Sookie Stackhouse books)
5.Kyoya (OHSHC)

My pattern seems to be that I like the bad guys. I seem to like the misunderstood, often hated characters with an affinity for evil o.O I also seem to like the darkly intelligent types.
I love this thread! Reminds me of this facebook group I'm in: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=2288363042&ref=ts

Let's see...

Severus Snape (Harry Potter)
Iago (Othello)
Sheldon (The Big Bang Theory)
Jess (Gilmore girls)
Hamlet (Hamlet)
Starveling (A Midsummer Night's Dream)
Will (Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac)

I now realize that these are more people that I admire/love reading about/find interesting than actual crushes. That's so unromantic of me, but...yeah. That was fun.
Let's see, we've got:

-Kaylee (Kaywinnit Lee) Frye (Firefly/Serenity)
-Hermione Granger (Harry Potter)
-Abby Sciuto (NCIS)
-Tricia (Trillian) McMillan (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
-Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter)
-Nymphadora Tonks (Harry Potter)
-Willow Rosenberg (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

Now, what do they say about me? Well, apparently I tend to crush on intelligent, witty, adorable girls who can certainly handle themselves.

Good thing I'm a Nerdfighter then, eh?
OH! Gotta add

-Dr. Temperance Brennan (Bones)
-Lorelei Gilmore (Gilmore Girls)
-Rory Gilmore (Gilmore Girls)
-Lane Kim (Gilmore Girls)

RE: Those last three choices - don't judge me. I started watching because of Jane Espenson (IRL crush, btw) and the writing and characters on that show just hooked me.

Same criteria; all intelligent, witty, adorable girls who have a flair for independence. I believe I have my answer.

But now, a new question arises: Where do I find the real world equivalent of these girls outside of our lovely online forums? Ladies, talk to me. Where do you frequent?
Hmmm that's a good question.

1. Mr. Darcy (P&P)
2. Tom ((500) Days of Summer)
3. Fang (Maximum Ride)
4. Howl (Howl's Moving Castle)
5. Severus Snape (HP)

All of them except Tom are kinda supposed to be dark and mysterious but end up having a softer side when you get to know them. Tom breaks the pattern but I just have to include him.
Wash (Firefly)
David Tennant's Doctor Who
Mal (Firefly)
Mat Cauthon (Wheel of Time)
Rincewind (Discworld series by Terry Pratchett)
Alasdair (Godspeaker Trilogy)

I guess I like funny, snarky, reluctant-hero types who tend toward the gangly side?

WASH! I love him too!

Kari from MythBusters (have as much chance with her as with a fictional character)
Abby Sciuto, NCIS
Willow, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Probably Hermione the instant she smacked Malfoy in the nose, if she weren't 14...
The Doctor's daughter, Dr. Who S.4 She only had one episode but there was a whole lot of character in that hour. Kind of like a female Doctor for the guys.

Patterns? Strong women that attack life and have their thing and are brilliant at it.
Fred and George (Harry Potter - more in the movies than the books but I love them soo much)
Gilbert Blythe (Anne of Green Gables - Movies and Books)
Voldy and Ron (AVPM)
Will Gardener (TV - The Good Wife)
Mr Big (TV Sex and the City)
Legolas (LOTR)

Well for the most part most of them have humour, Mr Big and Will Gardener are pretty much always in suits which I looveee and Legolas is just all around EPICC
Oh and Demetrius from a Mid Summer's Night's Dream .. I have no idea why .. He's not the nicest person haha
I recently have been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and I must say that I have deeply fallen for Angel. Now, I usually roll my eyes at the vampire loving teen fan girl, But angel is diffrent. he doesnt sparkle, he cant go into sun light or he will burn, he runs from the image of a cross, and he is absolutely delicious. He is good looking, strong, and knows how to brood in a corner. I want to make him mine. ;)

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service