Nerdfighters

I stand against all the hate and bigotry that ignorant Christians promote in the name of loving their God.
That said, I am about at my wit's end with everyone saying that it is an absolute fact that Christianity opposes homosexuality.
All of the passages used to promote this theory can be refuted. The Bible has been translated countless times by the hopelessly corrupt in order to manipulate the population and distort the original messages for their own purposes.
You are using your religion as an excuse to ostracize a group of people who are just as legitimately people as you are. Very Christ-like of you.

Prove me wrong.
Back me up.
Discuss.

Views: 5660

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Vampire voice: 1.. 2... 3...

You got that voice in my head too.

But the argument remains the same.

Just by reading the christian bible, and count how many children this jerk christian god had murdered, we know for sure this is not the good guy.

I have to credit this to some atheist who asked me this very same question when still believe christian god is the good guy.

Totally agreed that people who said christian god loves homosexuals are liars.

Another liar site full of hatred filled Christians. Fuck that.

You know, no one is going to take you seriously unless you actually engage with the source material in question. In particular, press Ctrl+f and look for the response to the following section

"But if we visualize the horror of the scene—mothers watching children be killed, and children watching their mother be cut down—surely this cannot be ‘right’?!"

If someone like you who are fucked by christianity doesn't take me seriously, it is fine.

No loss here.

The christian god (as a fictional character) is horrible, so fuck your god and fuck your jesus.

Does it matter?

Why response to a post that you think not worth your time to read.

Just saying.

In her defense, English is not her first language.  Just sayin'.
How about you examine your case, rather than assuming its true. And if you claim you have examined your case, prove it by explaining the flaws in the case that I have presented.
You, sir, are both entirely correct and wrong.
No, he doesnt stop us from hating, he probably does say those people should be killed.
But take into account this, he says we're not supposed to eat shrimp or certain types of clothes. We're supposed to  fast every friday and wednesday. 
Yet do (m)any of us do any of that??? Probably not! So by your logic we should all be burning in hell, right?
But listen to this, a christian can live a life of horrible sin but repent on his/her death bed and still supposedly go to heaven.  But a christian person can also be the perfect person,do everythng god says, but make one teensy mistake on his/her deathbed and be sent to hell.
So, we dont have to be slaves to him, i'm sure thats what he'd like, but horrible sinners have also been welcomed into his arms.

i am verry much against the influence of christian morality.  many claim that without religion there would not be morals, but mumerous philosophers have come up with MOST of the same points as religion has, excluding issues that don't concern anyone, such as homosexuality.  we need not complain about anything that does not hurt anyone.

thou shalt not kill

thou shalt not steal

thou shalt be kind to all others regardless of who they happen to be sexually attracted to

thou shalt keep thy religion to thy self

Out of interest, what do you think LGBT people should do? Should we try aversion therapy or be celibate all our lives?

Well I've heard of people changing through prayer and other things, but celibacy is indeed a nessecary thing, since it is the action, not the attraction, that is the sin. 

Is that not a fairly important point? Did Jesus come to bring peace or not?

http://carm.org/did-jesus-come-to-bring-peace-or-not

See here for more infomation

V1, this is more a personal qualm than anything else, but...posting links in an argument instead of arguing is not considered...polite, I guess. I know I've done it, and I'll admit to being a hypocrite, but I'm trying to stop. I'm not trying to justify my hypocrisy, but I promise to correct my actions if you do. Also, I'd be willing to change any impolite things I've been doing myself as compensation.

The proper action is to read the link in question and paraphrase what it says for the rest of the class. Some of us don't have the time to try and figure out what arguments these sites are trying to make, with all the quotes put into them and whatnot.

Sorry if this was rude, I just get bothered by that sort of thing.

Also, I concede. I believe that the God of the Bible approved of gays, or at least does now. You don't. Different interpretations. You have your evidence, I have mine. You have your faith, I have mine.

Everyone, arguing about this is pointless if no good will come of it. V1 has no issues with legal marriage between gay people. I don't see why we're harrassing him.

Sorry if this was rude, I just get bothered by that sort of thing.

There's only two instances I post links. 1) Where the link itself is so short that it's easy for someone else to cover quickly 2) where the link in question is too long and contains too much infomation for me to reasonably condense, so I figure if someone genuinely wants an answer, they will examine it. In every other case, I generally don't even link to it, just take the essential parts.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service