Nerdfighters

Expanding from Brian's thread on Nerdfighter locations, I thought it might be fun to make a Nerdfightaria googlemap. Everyone who has or creates a gmail or google account can add markers.

The idea: place a marker on the map where you live and name it with your Ning name. SAFETY NOTICE: Do not put the marker on the exact location of your house, you do not want teh interwebz showing up on your doorstep! I put mine near the Central Station of my home town, Utrecht, in The Netherlands, so go for something like that.

Ok, I really hope this works and you can all add markers, the Nerdfightaria map is here:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid...

Edited to add instructions stolen from Sean: "Sign into/create gmail or google account. Hit the Edit button on the left. That will make a toolbar appear on the map. Click the placemark and drag it to where you want your location to be. Put a link to your youtube/Nerdfighter account in the description. When putting in the description you can click your placemark icon and you can pick a different one."

Edited to say: I've removed a number of unnamed placemarks and double and triple entries very close together made by the same person, assuming these were mistakes, just so we keep a more or less accurate overview of how many Nerdfighters have mapped themselves - my apologies if you actually meant to add yourself a number of times for whatever reason, just send me a message or leave a post in this discussion to say so and I'll leave your markers alone if you put them back :-)

So many Nerdfighters have mapped themselves now that the markers are no longer all visible on one page: if you don't find any other Nerdfighters near you, do not despair, check out the other pages of markers (at the bottom of the marker list) first. If you *still* don't find any nearby Nerdfighters, it is time for a brief spell of despair, followed by some active recruiting in your neighbourhood. 

If you could give the thread a quick bump when you add your marker it would be muchly appreciated! :-)

Tags: awesome, awesomeness, continent, country, geographical, google, location, maps, nerdfightaria, nerdfighter, More…place

Views: 691

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Added myself! :]
So I thought it added me and I've tried 3 different times but it just wont save my marker. I'm signed in and everything so I dont really know what's going on. :[
You're on there. You probably just need to scroll down and go to the last page on the list, that's usually the problem.
BUMP

Adding my marker now.

Added mine. How are my boyfriend and I the ONLY two people in Western PA so far?

Added aswell :)

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service