Since I don't have the means to make an awesome video for her, this is going to have to do:
It's Phineas de Romanus
's birthday today!!!!
Why we love her:
1) She's made of pure, highly concentrated awesome. This awesome is so intense that, were it to spill on the side of the road, it would create a state of global awesomeness that would lead to all kinds of non-crisis situations around the world. It would obliterate worldsuck as we know it.
2) She cares genuinely about other people and doesn't necessarily need a special occasion to do something nice for them.
3) She doesn't ask for or expect anything in return when doing 2)
4) She loves her twin
, yes, but, more importantly, she likes
her- a distinct difference that not all siblings are capable of.
5) She is good at expressing her opinion without making the crazies that disagree go off- in other words, her wording is mellow and non-offensive enough to get her point across effectively, but she doesn't overdo it or get too emotional. Good speaker? Yeah... Clearly I'm not always as good.
6) When she doesn't understand something or know the answer, she seeks it out
instead of just giving up. I think she and Plato would get along quite well, in this respect.
7) She doesn't judge people based on what they think- she could, theoretically, be friends with the Fuhrer himself (maybe... you see what I mean, though).
8) She has a great sense of humor. And she's not easily offended. (A good match, since we can all sometimes go close to too far, if not all the way, without realizing it.)
9) She is willing to listen.
10) She takes initiative and throws herself into things. For example, she totally picked up the "Traveling Book Project
" thing and has remained on our tails about it to remind us every so often of the rules and stuff.
11) She likes animals.
12) She is easy to confide in and feel comfortable talking to.
13) Her sarcasm is of its own variety that serves whatever purpose she needs: If she wants you to tell she's being sarcastic the whole time, you can; if she doesn't, she waits for just the right moment to reveal what she's doing. That's actually a very useful skill.
14) Even if you haven't friended her yet, she's still your friend- she hates nobody (except maybe Hitler, although we've already brought him up).
15) She has a good balance between idealism and realism. Her vision of how the world should
be is quite beautiful, but she is capable of recognizing and (this is key) accepting that the world is not nearly there.
16) Because of the latter part of 15), she does what she can to help the world get as close to the former part as possible. She doesn't just sit on her ass and say, "I wish, I wish, I wish," all the time- she gets up and does something about it, even if it's just speaking out against jerks she hears/sees acting like, well, jerks- that's better (and rarer) than keeping your mouth shut.
I need to go to work, but list off more reasons why Phin is so great in the comments. And wish her a happy birthday.
Phin, this one's for you, babe.
PS- I'm putting this in "Just for Fun," since I uh, can't think of what else it fits BEST... Herm...