Nerdfighters

Because I think we can all agree that friends help decrease world suck.

Hello my name is Megan and I have been a part of the community for over a year and I have barely made friends. I have tried the chat but my attempts at conversation always seem to be looked over.

Anywho, I'm Megan and I love Harry Potter. I have a fondness for Doctor Who and grammar is pretty important. This all seems like pretty generic nerd things or at least for most of those I know IRL. I'm currently attending school for a degree in English writing. I'm a fan of social causes, particularly equal rights for all humans.

Back to Harry Potter! My house is Slytherin and has always been. 

So would you like to be friends?
Let's strike up a conversation! 

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm with you there. None of my IRL friends are youtubers, or as into Harry Potter as I am, or watched Dr. Who (I think), or anything like that. :/ I haven't read the Hunger Games, but I'm assuming I should. Also, I'm ravenclaw <3

Unfortunately no, I'm actually going to be in Orlando for vacation on the last day of LeakyCon but we'll be by the Smoky Mountains the days before that and it's all set up and stuff. Also I'm going with my family.

I actually haven't read The Hunger Games. I've had a friend try forcing it on me but his girlfriend was borrowing the book first and she didn't finish in time. I would love to go to LeakyCon but it is a no go sadly. Hopefully the next one or Infinitus. What are you interning in DC for?

The great thing about HP is that the community will last potentially forever. So we will always have cons and stuff to go to.

I'm interning at Earth Day Network, and environmental non-profit started by the same people that are responsible for the first Earth Day.  I'm in the Education department, mostly writing lesson plans teachers can use in their classes to teach the things they need to teach, but with environmental themes.  I also blog a little for them. Any Nerdfighters in DC???

Hi, I'm Kayla and I also love Harry Potter. I'm a Ravenclaw and have no problem with Slytherin, at least they're not pretending to be something they aren't, right? I just got into Doctor Who, so I don't know much, but I do really love the show. I also strongly believe in equal rights, unfortunately my mom is christian and seems to be very against anything to do with homosexuality :(. I love to watch movies; horrors, animated, and romantic comedies are my favourite. I read a lot too, I'm currently reading Battle Royale by Koushun Takami. And I don't care if it's childish, I still like Pokemon.
yay HP and Dr. Who fans!! It's unfortunate so many Christians make a bad name for themselves.  But believe me, there are plenty of Christians who believe fervently in equal right-I'm one of them :)
Hello Kayla! Pokemon are awesome. I actually keep a little Charmander in my car at all times because you always need to know where your starter pokemon is. Psyduck would have to be my all time favorite though. What's yours?
Hands down, Gengar is my favourite pokemon. I didn't use to like it when I was little, because I only liked what I considered the cuter pokemon back then, but now I adore it!
Gengar is a cutie. What are your thoughts on the new pokemon? I'm not a hardcore fan that I still play it but I do enjoy talking about them. This being the case, I only know up to Mew.
Honestly I don't like many of the new Pokemon, I like first generation the best. I did buy pokemon black a while ago though and I found some that I really liked, like Audino, Darumaka, and Serperior. I think they're really running out of ideas, though... who makes a pokemon that's based off of an ice cream cone. :/
Hi there

you had my friendship at "harry potter"xD
Yay! Hello Kat. What's your house?

Hi! My name is Rebecca. I haven't been a nerdfighter for very long. I love to read and the Harry Potter books were amazing. My favorite characters were probally Hermione or Luna..but I liked them all! I go to university next year and hope to major in psychology or criminolgy then go to law school. :)

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service