Nerdfighters

Because I think we can all agree that friends help decrease world suck.

Hello my name is Megan and I have been a part of the community for over a year and I have barely made friends. I have tried the chat but my attempts at conversation always seem to be looked over.

Anywho, I'm Megan and I love Harry Potter. I have a fondness for Doctor Who and grammar is pretty important. This all seems like pretty generic nerd things or at least for most of those I know IRL. I'm currently attending school for a degree in English writing. I'm a fan of social causes, particularly equal rights for all humans.

Back to Harry Potter! My house is Slytherin and has always been. 

So would you like to be friends?
Let's strike up a conversation! 

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We sure can be friends! Welcome to the Harry Potter fandom I guess. I hope you like it! I keep wanting to watch the Eighth Doctor's movie but I can't find it anywhere.

I used to know a site that had every episode of Doctor Who, but I can't find it.

Hi Megan, my name is Camille.  I also have a shortage of Nerdfighter friends IRL, which is why I joined this Ning and why I think this thread is awesome!  I also love Harry Potter, but I am a Gryffindor; I hope you don't hold that against me.  :-)  My favorite character is also Hermione Granger followed closely by Luna Lovegood. 

Right now my dilemma is trying to find friends to go with me to see the screening of all 7 previous Harry Potter movies (as detailed here) but as I mentioned before, I don't have friends IRL who have the same interests as me. 

I have not yet read The Hunger Games, but it seems like its all I hear about lately, so I will probably read the series soon.  Anyway, I would love to be your friend.  I think we have a lot in common.  I plan on going back to school to study English writing and possibly art history.   Other than being a writer, I don't plan on using my degree to further my career as I am a medical administrator.  I just want to have a degree because I think it's an important thing to have under any circumstances.  I also strongly believe in equal rights and environmental causes. 

Hey Camille! I'll try my hardest to look past the Gryffindor thing haha. We can definitely be friends. Do you already have a degree for the medical administrator job or will English/Art History be your first?
I only have my high school degree and a few college courses under my belt.  At the time, college just wasn't for me, but now I'm ready to go back.  I have 11 years of experience in medical offices, and I like my field.  I just have this urge to be a writer.  Even if I'm not a good writer, I want to pursue it. 
that's a good urge! Go with it!
Omg, if I lived in the states i would so go see all of the previous Harry Potter movies. That would be so awesome and fun to get to do!

That's what I'm saying!  :-) 

I may just go alone.  I haven't actually seen the first 2 movies in the theater because I wasn't a fan back then.  I went to the 3rd movie on a lark and because a friend invited me to the midnight premiere.  Of course this friend now lives in another state; she would probably go with me.  It wasn't until I read the Goblet of Fire that I became an UberFan. 

I haven't seen any of the movies in the theaters...or at all. *covers head in shame*
You should some time, they're really good, and most of the time they're close to what happens in the novels. That and Rupert Grint is such a cutie :3
LOL, that's ok, I forgive you.  It's not a Nerdfighter's place to judge. 

Nice to meet you Camille! I am a Gryffindor too! (at least I think).  I'm always torn between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw.  Have you heard all the stuff about Pottermore yet?  There is going to be a thing on there where you get sorted so I guess that will put my question to rest-if it comes from JK there can't really be better assessment of what house I belong in!

I know it's stinky not having any nerdfighter or HP fans IRL.  I'm slowly trying to convert my friends, and it's worked to a degree! Maybe some of your friends would get into this kind of stuff if you showed it to them.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service