Nerdfighters

[Please Note: We have reached our maximum amount of participants, and the survey is now offline. Thank you, everyone, for your interest and participation! Keep an eye on my Tumblr for updates. DFTBA! http://www.tumblr.com/blog/mlischantale]

[Please also note: Any other survey links or ads popping up under these posts are not associated with our research at the Faculty of Information and Media Studies at the University of Western Ontario]

Nerdfighteria Survey

My name is Chantale Pard and I am a Masters student in the Faculty of Information and Media Studies at The University of Western Ontario, studying Library and Information Science. I’m currently working on my guided research project titled Nerdfighteria: A Case Study in Young Adult Information Seeking Behavior through Social Media. I’m looking for young adult Nerdfighters between the ages of 13 and 25 to complete an online survey about how they use social media outlets to find information. Studying these survey responses will help us get a better idea of which social media tools are used for different types of information seeking, whether or not Nerdfighters are informally learning anything in the process, and how collaboration through social media tools can build stronger online communities.

You can access the survey and more detailed information on it here: http://app.fluidsurveys.com/s/nerdfighteria/

DFTBA and Best Wishes,

Chantale Pard MLIS Student, University of Western Ontario

Tags: YA, adult, nerdfighters, nerdfighting, research, survey, teens, young

Views: 426

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Chantale, I too am doing a task similar to yours. I was wondering if you would be able to send me a copy of your survey so I can get a rough idea of some questions to ask etc. That would be fabulous, thanks :) 

HEY I"M IN ONTARIO!!!!!

:(  I'm not 25 anymore... but I wanna take the survey!

Yay!!! :D Thank you!!!

Hi there,

I just wanted to clarify that while Miriam's survey looks very useful, the surveymonkey link is a link to her own questionnaire. My research study with the University of Ontario through Fluid Surveys (the original post under my name, above) has now been taken down since we reached our maximum amount of participants.

Thank you so much for your interest!

Good luck with your project, Miriam!

DFTBA

-Chantale

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service