Nerdfighters

So um, younger Nerdfighters, this might not be the topic for you. Just sayin'.

I'm a college student, which pretty much says it all.
I can't go a day on campus without hearing something about sex, be it the action or plans for it. My friends talk about it, and I join in on the banter because well, I'd feel left out if I didn't.
The thing is, talking about sex makes me uncomfortable. I'm a virgin, and I'm proud of that, but I feel like I'm the only person on campus who's primary goal isn't to get laid. It's not that I don't want to have sex, but I'd like it to be with someone special who I love and who loves me back.

Does anyone else (especially anyone my age) feel like this?

EDIT: Don't misunderstand guys, I do have friends who support me, both virgin and not.

EDIT 2: I don't know how many times I'm going to add to this.
As I learn more about sex and move further along on the road to that kind of intimacy, I find that I'm less and less interested in it. Case in point, I got my first kiss/make-out session last month and frankly, it wasn't all that great. It was pretty intense, but after a couple of minutes I just told the guy to get off of me and let me sleep.

I'm finding now that I'm not as determined to find a significant other, but that I'm perfectly content to find a great friend and let that relationship grow.

Tags: college, sex

Views: 1472

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

nerds dont have sex. we masturbate to binary code.
wow..... that frightens me a little.... but ok whatever works for you
Lol... I am also frightened.
you have absolutely no idea what that is like in the middleschool population. Its freakin terrible.
ugh....
i'm not going to lie. i just got out of middle school and there is some pretty heavy preasure for sex. it's crazy, but it's true. i'm afraid to think about the girls in my class who may have lost their virginity already; even in middle school. Zoidmania's not lieing, it is an issue in middle school.
I'm in college as well and I know what you mean. Trust me you are not the only one. Sex is definately not my primary goal here. Be proud to be a virgin. It isn't this horrible curse. Think about how speical it is going to be, especially when it comes to the right person. Hang in there! ^^
Trust me, there are many of you out there. Don't feel alone.

I would get annoyed too if all a friend talked about was "getting laid" what kind of friends do you have?
I completely understand where you're coming from, I'm also a college student and a virgin and I sometimes feel the same way. I'm perfectly happy to not have had sex yet because I just have yet to be in a situation where I felt like I had found the right person and I was ready for it. That said, I feel like a lot of the posts here are congratulating you for making this grand decision to not have sex while in college...from what I gather, that's not really what you're saying (is it?), and that's not how I feel either. I personally sometimes feel even MORE pressure now that I've "come this far," I guess you could say, to be in it for the long haul and maintain my virginity for reasons other than my personal comfort and choices (because it's the "right thing to do," because it's "less stressful") and I don't really agree with that either. I don't think sex should be stigmatized or aggrandized or made uncomfortable as a topic, and I think it's really important to be comfortable with how you feel and not let anyone else's choices (virgin or otherwise) affect yours. You're definitely not alone! And the point of college is definitely not just to get laid! I feel like there's so much to do all the time, fun and not fun, that it would be impossible to focus on just that.
It isn't what I'm saying. I think I probably would have had sex already if the right guy had come along, but as of right now he hasn't. I am perfectly fine with my choice to be a virgin, but most of the time the only perspective I have on the subject is my own. I started this discussion because...Well, I guess part of me was looking for support, but I also wanted to know how other people deal with the prevalent subject that sex ultimately is.
I think about Sex, yes, but it is not my supreme mission in life. There are too many more important things in life to be obsessed with something as unpredictable as sex.
i see where your coming from. people take the "need" to have sex so seriously. honestly i think that being a virgin is great. don't compromise your values just because it seems like the right thing to do. make sure it's the right person, and that you really do love and trust them. you'd have to trust them a lot to give them something like that. so don't worry and just make sure that it's someone that you love and trust! : )
Sex is binding if done randomly and foolishly, bind you to a child or possibly a fatal disease. And you shouldn't need protection for something so natural, so you should only have one pure person for you and you alone. It is meant for pleasure of a man and woman bound in marriage, primaily to serve the purpose of producing children. Once you find someone that you really love, show commitment and marry them, and THEN have sex with them and only them.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service