Nerdfighters

Nerdy/geeky thoughts that have made you want to slap yourself

Hello Nerdfighters!

This discussion idea was inspired by events occurring a few days ago, and I wanted to know if any of you had ever had a similar thing happen to you.

Basically, I was walking to my bedroom with the intent to practice my speech for School Captain. On my way there, I decided to do it in front of my mirror, because (quote my brain) "it will give me Charisma points". I then stopped and wanted to slap myself for believing for even a second that The Sims and real life were interchangable. (Sim-playing Nerdfighters will understand =P)

Needless to say, I didn't end up speaking in front of the mirror; though I could've used some Charisma points. =P

So, has anything like that happened to any of you? You've thought something really nerdy/stupid and were so glad that no one could hear it? =P Share!

EDIT: Alex Day (nerimon) mentioned this discussion in his new video "Google Verb". Win!

Tags: awesome, dftba, embarrassing, funny, geek, green, hank, john, nerd, self, More…sims, slap, the, thought, vlogbrothers

Views: 258

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I get these weird thoughts that come to me as I'm falling asleep - I've taken to keeping a sheet of paper by my bed to write them down. A geeky sampling:
"What time zone do they use in space?"
"When people do that thing where they wear a velcro suit and stick to a velcro wall, do the people wear the hooks or the loops?"
They do wear the loops. I've actually seen people wear velcro bodysuits while jumping on a trampoline so they stick to a wall made of velcro. And yes, it is as awesome as it sounds.
I'd like to thumbs up this :D
I have this theroy of time travel that is pure overthinking.
You go back in time to fix a problem and ocme back.
Then that problem never existed so you didn't make the time machine or buy one to fix the problem.
I call this 'The Loop'.
I don't think that's overthinking it at all. That's the biggest flaw in time travel ever. That's my biggest issue with it anyway.
It also makes sence that if you go back in time, when you go back to the future, there would now be multiple futures. The one you came from, and the one following the time you just went back to. Which do you return to? when you go back, are there multiple you's or do you take the place of yourself in the past? What if you haven't been born yet?

All in all, time travel is completely messed up. Going into the future makes more sence, but even that has it's risks. For the sake of entertainment, hollywood time travel is acceptable; but I vote we all just continue to travel through time at the normal rate. 1 second per second.
all the time most recently I forgot I still had on this poorly made cloak I recently made and my leather wand holder and I went outside to get the mail a neighbor who just got out of college was haveing friends over I went to get mail and one of them drives up and just stares at me I walk towards my house and he parks and he gets out and goes what are you supposed to be and I get this wierd british accent (im american) and I screamed I AM A WIZARD YOU STUUPID MUGGLE!! he just laughed and looked at me like im crazy then i pulled my wand out and yelled SECTUMSEMPRA
I felt fairly stupid when my mom asked me about it apperently the guy told Brandon (the nighbors son who had party) and Brandon told his mom and she told my mom. I felt so dumb
Not really a nerdy or geeky thought but i often ask myself: why shouldn't i be able to become a comedian *slaps self* of that's right, im not funny.
I scream with joy like a little girl when i heard here was to be an iron man 2... this was witnessed by my entire family

and then again when doctor who came back onto television ^^

DFTBA
The other day at school the teacher had just turned off the overhead projector when someone bumped it and it turned back on again. He said it must have been magic and without thinking I replied that it couldn't have been because electricity doesn't work around magic. Needless to say I got strange looks not only from my teacher but the rest of my class too.
last week, i got a paper cut. i thought, "If Harry can keep cool when Umbridge's magical quill carved words into the back of his hand, then i can handle this paper cut." *sigh*
I was on some obscure blog the other day when I saw that a commenter had posted "10,000+ Internets for you." Now, that statement is nerdy in itself; however, my first though was this:
"10,000 Internets? That's OVER 9000!"

*headdesk
These occurances are pretty frequent for me.
I dream in BBcode and my dreams often reference peoples' avatars from other web forums I use. I wake up and end up majorly facepalming myself.

I also put little [i] and [/i] tags into my thoughts for emphasis. Then, I realize, that you can't make a thought italic, especially not by using tags like that.

I've also thought things like "I'll just google it" while trying to find various lost object around my house. Then, while trying to figure out how one googles the location of the paprika in the spice cabinet, it dawns on me, I'm RL, not OL, so I actually have to search for things. RL Google would be amazing, though....

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service