Nerdfighters

Nerdy/geeky thoughts that have made you want to slap yourself

Hello Nerdfighters!

This discussion idea was inspired by events occurring a few days ago, and I wanted to know if any of you had ever had a similar thing happen to you.

Basically, I was walking to my bedroom with the intent to practice my speech for School Captain. On my way there, I decided to do it in front of my mirror, because (quote my brain) "it will give me Charisma points". I then stopped and wanted to slap myself for believing for even a second that The Sims and real life were interchangable. (Sim-playing Nerdfighters will understand =P)

Needless to say, I didn't end up speaking in front of the mirror; though I could've used some Charisma points. =P

So, has anything like that happened to any of you? You've thought something really nerdy/stupid and were so glad that no one could hear it? =P Share!

EDIT: Alex Day (nerimon) mentioned this discussion in his new video "Google Verb". Win!

Tags: awesome, dftba, embarrassing, funny, geek, green, hank, john, nerd, self, More…sims, slap, the, thought, vlogbrothers

Views: 188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I dream in BBcode and my dreams often reference peoples' avatars from other web forums I use. I wake up and end up majorly facepalming myself.

I also put little [i] and [/i] tags into my thoughts for emphasis. Then, I realize, that you can't make a thought italic, especially not by using tags like that.

I've also thought things like "I'll just google it" while trying to find various lost object around my house. Then, while trying to figure out how one googles the location of the paprika in the spice cabinet, it dawns on me, I'm RL, not OL, so I actually have to search for things. RL Google would be amazing, though....
Sometimes I punctuate when I speak, which used to bother me, but now makes me a little proud. This one time, I was trying to think of the word "bracket"(It was important to what I was saying, although I cannot recall why.) and I said parenthesis instead. At the time I was embarrassed, but now I'm a little bit proud of it.
I guess this isn't quite the same, but I added "Nerdfighting" and "Should involve sunglasses" to my activities on facebook. When my frind and I were on yahoo chat last night we had this lovely exchange

Didn't make me want to slap myself, but slapping her seemed like a good option (she's not DFTBA savvy)

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service