Nerdfighters

Are you completely new to Nerdfighting? Have you been watching the Vlogbrothers' videos since 1864 but have you only just decided to come meet other Nerdfighters? Were you active in my pants and have you only now decided to come over to the ning side? (god I hope you're not so new to Nerdfighting that you don't get the pants reference.... that would make me seem really weird!)

This thread is here so that you can come out and say hi, and we can say hi back! You can ask us questions about nerdfighting and awesome! You could also tell us some things that would tell us some things about you, such as

- how you feel about the colour puce;
- whether, when walking down a dark alley at night, you would rather encounter a ninja or a bowl of petunias, and why;
- what you think would happen if cows discovered quantum mechanics

...or anything else you feel like sharing!

While you're at it, why don't you go place yourself on the Nerdfightaria googlemap!

DFTBA!!!!!

Tags: awesome, cheddar, cheese, introduce, introductions, nerdfighters, new, welcome

Views: 588

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

O: I came here because I thought I could find a sanctuary, as I am nerdy and have nowhere else to go. I come bringing gifts: weird comics about cryptids and the occasional illustration of historical what-ness. But I won't force them on you.
Hi there everyone! I'm new, sort of. I've watched vlogbrothers for forever, but finally got around to reading some of John Green's books and joining the ning! I blame being in college. Biology majors don't get to relax as much as they would like, and have time to read books just for fun. But in any case, hello! My name's Wanda, I'm a junior in college, and I am a book-devouring rock star nerdfighter.

Now, to the questions... puce isn't a horrendous color by any means, but I do like green a lot more.
If I was walking down a dark alley at night, I'd rather encounter a ninja. The conversation, I'm sure, would be well worth the scariness of walking around dark alleys. And I'm sure they can fight off dementors. :) If cows discovered quantum mechanics... well, I think we'd be in trouble. What sort of trouble, I'm not exactly sure...
I've been a nerdfighter for almost a year now...I never really got into the ning until, well yesterday. If that counts :p.
Harry Potter reference? My friend, "a bowl of petunias" is a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference! If you haven't read it and you liked HP, I recommend it rather highly.

(I also had to google "puce"... don't feel bad)
Hai thar! I'm Jamie, and I don't feel comfortable introducing myself to people!
The whole concept of Nerdfightery is something new to me.. But. It feels like something.. I've been.. Training for. All my life. Perhaps that this is my true calling?
*Anyway*
Erm.. Puce? No thank you. When someone says "Puce" I smell something disgusting that I associate with Puce. I just don't know what it is >.br /> Bowl of petunias. Ninjas are completely afraid of a well-arranged bowl of petunias.
Cows and Quantum Mechanics? Hmm.. In my opinion.. They'd discover that the grass IS greener on the other side. (Has anyone made that joke yet..? O.o)

Anyway. Hai guize! Nice to see ya' all, and I'll be kicking about here somewhere.. Under the furniture, or lurking in a cupboard. Say hi!

DFTBA!
Well, hi there. I'm relatively new to Nerdfighting, my friend suggested I watch vlogbrothers because I am a large fan of John (although clearly not that big of a fan, as I hadn't heard of vlogbrothers), so I did. I watched all of the episodes up until now in an effort to get caught up, something I'm sure you can recognize as something only a Nerdfighter would do!
Puce, isn't that like a pinkish-purple? I'm sure it's quite pretty. I like colors a lot.
If I was walking down a dark alley I would much rather encounter a ninja, for two reasons. First, it would be much more exciting, and second, I could attempt to befriend the ninja so I could have someone to protect me. After all, I'm walking down a dark alley at night, I probably need some protection.
I'd like to think that if cows discovered quantum mechanics, they would use this knowledge benevolently, as cows are peaceful, fun-loving creatures, or at least, they are from my experience.
So hi. I'm new.

I was introduced to Nerdfighters through Maureen Johnson's blog. And then from there to the videos. Over the summer I read "An Abundance of Katherines" and "Looking for Alaska" by John Green. Then John Green replied to my tweet which forever endeared him to my heart. Then after finishing the books I watched more vlogbrothers vids and realized I'd been missing out and watched even more vids and then found this place...

So I had along and complicated journey to Nerdfighters, but am thrilled to be here.

And to answer the above questions
Puce is weird
Bowl of petunias because I would be the ninja in the dark alley.
And I don't even ponder the last question cause it would never happen. :-D
Greetings all. I'm a Science and Gamer nerd.

1.I am Ambivilent
2.Petunias, despite things being different for sky pirates, our peace with the ninjas is tenuous
3.quantum entangled milk killing millions
Doh, stupid phonetic spelling kills my Grammar Nazi cred again. *facepalm*
Hello there Nerdfighteria, I've been a devoted Nerdfighter-in-secret since I discovered Brotherhood 2.0 in February of this year. I personally think I'm caught up with most of the memes and inside jokes, but forgive me if I miss any.
Hi everyone. My name is Khanh, this is what I like to do:

-Puce, looks like purple and pink had a lovechild.
-Petunias, chances are they wouldn't kill me. (But you never know.)
-Then cows would be able to graze in multiple dimensions.
Those drawings are pretty interesting :D

I like the style.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service