Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 51544

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello everyone! I'm Linda, 19, and I'm italian. I'm studying German and English Literatures and languages in college now and I love it. I discovered Vlogbrothers thanks to one of my bestfriend, who sadly lives far away from my place, and from that moment I became a real Youtube addicted (which is sad, considered my almost non-existent RL)
What makes me a nerd in first place is the fact that I'm aware that I'm a nerd. Then I firmly believe that Stormtroopers are sexy, that Bruce Wayne is the man meant for me and that Cylons and Humans could get along very well if only they tried. I'm almost 20 but I'm in love with an 8 year old named Link. I'm a huge U2 fan and I blame Bono for my high expectations about mankind.

Also, I have a thing for internet meme. I know most of them are lame, but I can't help laughing everyeffingtime and then when I walk in croweded streets usually one of this stupid memes pops up in my mind and I literally laugh out loud. That's why I believe in LOL and despise all the LOL-hypocrites.
Hello! My name is Laura and I'm new here. :)

I'm a college student. My major is theatre, specifically stage management. I'm a big ol' nerd and fangirl of many things, most of which can be found at my profile. Because of the new season going on, my focus is definitely on Doctor Who right now. Loooove it!

Um, yes. So, I'm going to try and participate and not be too shy and hopefully this will be a totally awesome experience! :D And let me know about yourself! Especially if you're new, too, and we can help each other through our noob-ness. :P
Hi Everyone... I ran across this site while searching for interesting, creative people doing music and comedy and such. Google kept bringing up this site with everyone I searched for. Seems this place is full of creative types. :) I've been lurking around for a bit and I can see I'm going to learn a lot from all of you. :)

For myself, I'm a Star Wars/Disney/Cartoons/Comedy/Music type nerd... I make my living as a stand-up/musical comedian, which is lovely most of the time. :) Home base is the San Francisco Bay Area.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better. :)
I"m Jorin, I live Belgium, the Felmish part (which means I speak Dutch). I found out about vlogbrothers when I was in need of jokes and found Hank's 50 jokes video. A few eeks later I found out about nerdfighters, but only recently I started getting interested.

I'm a nerd, because I spend a lot of my time at my computer, I like reading books (especially fantasy). About the computer thingy, I guess you could call me a gamer, I play World of Warcraft and lots of other games and wrote two reviews for a site, before the webmaster dissapeared. I like most of the music I hear.
I'm an atheist and I'll probably always be. I like debating about beliefs and ethics, but also about the infinity of space and other interesting science topics.

That's about it, I'm very excited about becoming part of this awesome community.

P.S. I play piano :)
I'm Johnnie. I'm a girl and I have a name typically reserved for those of the male gender. I'm from the US... The south more specifically. I found out about the vlogbrothers 'cause I googled John Green 'cause I was curious about when his new book was coming out. Lo and behold there it was, a YouTube channel that had John's face by it. So I clicked. And I was hooked. Downside? I found it right before AP Exam crunch time began... So I'm prolly gonna get like a 2, if I'm lucky. I started reading John Green books when I was in the 8th grade. I asked a friend if he had a read any good books lately and he was incredibly adimant that I go read some book called Looking For Alaska. So I did, and it changed my life.

My nerd credentials include, but are soooo not limited to:
- I own multiple copies of the Harry Potter books... Different editions. I have the UK editions of the first, second (two copies of the one in the UK edition actually), fourth, and fifth. And of course the US editions of the whole series.
- My love of Harry Potter transcends language boundaries. I own the first Harry Potter book in French and I plan on getting the rest of them in French.
- I have a very small home library that I intend to expand until it is as large as the National Archives...
- Subject/Verb and Subject/Adjective agreement. It is not that hard. Though, if you mess up, no worries, I will correct you.
- The best birthday present I have ever received was a colorful, bull pinata... I got it for my 15th birthday.
- I truly, truly hate politics with a passion so great it makes Harry's hate for Draco look like puppy love. However, I have a lot of opinions on... everything? But I try to make them informed opinions.
- I subscribe to The Economist.
- Physics=crazyhardcoreamountsoffuntimes...I like English and History more though.

I mean, that is pretty much me in a very self involved ramble.
Hey everyone. I'm Maddie. I'm from the Midwest.

My friend introduced me to Nerdfighters a long time ago, but I didn't know what it was really about until I stumbled upon Chameleon Circuit and then started watching nerimon and charlieissocoollike videos on youtube, which I loved. The way I found out about the vlogbrothers was because youtube recommended it to me... and I am soooooo glad that it did! Even though I love the vlogbrothers videos and everything, I am extremely new to this, so forgive me if I am a total noob. :)

These are the ways that I am a nerd:
I love Harry Potter, Doctor Who, and Lord of the Rings. The walls of my bedroom can attest to this. In fact, I even painted the walls of my bedroom yellow because that's kind of the color of the inside of the TARDIS... as far as Season Four anyway. I haven't seen the new, re-done TARDIS because I am still in mourning over the regeneration of 10 and refuse to watch any of Season Five... but that's another story...
I am also majoring in Musical Theatre next year at college! I am soooo excited! I LOVE Musical Theatre so much! Some day I hope move to England and be on the West End, which, if you don't know, is kind of like the British version of Broadway. I also play the piano, but I don't think much is going to come of that.
I once wrote, directed, and starred in my own movie called "Robinson's Wharf", which was a parody of the soap opera "Passions", if anyone has seen that.
I love fan fiction. I used to write it all the time, but now I don't have a lot of free time unfortunately.
I love regular fiction as well. I especially love Hamlet. I am actually kind of obsessed with Hamlet. But I also love Faulkner, Woolf, e e cummings, Truman Capote... all those cool people.
I love Dan Bergstien's "Blogging Twilight" posts! They are so hilarious!

Anyway, I'm really glad to be a part of the Nerdfighter community and excited to all you cool new people!
I'm also a Midwesterner! I'm glad to know I'm not the only new Nerdfighter out here!
Hi Everyone~

I'm Mimi and I'm new~ hence the being here. Tehe.

I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I am all for Canadian spelling of words. I am a big lit nerd, going on to get a degree in English Literature at UBC.

I'm actually very very new to John and Hank and Nerdfighteria. I actually just started watching their videos a week ago. Already, you guys have pulled me in with your awesome magnetic powers.

I don't like to pick favoUrites but my favoUrite is John because he updates me on current affairs in 4 minutes or less and uses small words such as "fancy pants countries"

I am proud to say that my boyfriend's puff is bigger than John's~
Hi everyone, I've been watching the vlogbrothers for a while but only just signed up to the site. I guess I got introduced to this whole thing by my boyfriend, he watches Hank and John's channel and that's how I found out about them. I think I'm a nerd because, well, I really love science and nature, and I love stuff like Harry Potter and other cool fantasy books (like Robin Hobb). I also like manga and anime. I also often communicate with my boyfriend through internet memes... he's probably more of a nerd in the traditional sense than I am. He made me watch all 10 Star Trek films with him, and in retaliation I made him watch lots of Studio Ghibli films with me. But I definitely qualify as a science nerd.

Hope to make some cool new friends here :)
Hello there! I'm new. ^__^ My name is Angelique. I'm from Florida! :3

I'm a complete nerd. I love anime, video games, internet-related stuff, and, of course, NERDFIGHTERIA.

I think I found vlogbrothers through Truth or Fail first, actually. Then eventually I wandered over to the vlogbrothers channel and was introduced into a world of awesome.

I can't get enough of this nerdfighters stuff. It's amazing. XD I'm kind of introverted about it, though. None of my friends really know about it. I think it's time I changed that. :D

Anyway, I'd love to be able to meet some new people here, to learn and just to have fun. Hello, everyone! :D
Welcome to the site! :) I have a feeling you're a very awesome person ^_^
Hi. I'm Felix. About six months ago, I started watching vlogbrothers. Now, I've embarked on a journey where I watch every video of vlogbrothers in order (notably, I'm listening to one during times when I type on here, which is normally okay). This aside, here are the things that make me a nerd:

- I want to be a German/Film double major and eventually teach in both of those areas.
- Because I am so into film, I actually really enjoy watching films because I can appreciate exactly how long it takes to make films and exactly how frustrating it is when the computer does not want to do what you want it to do. It's not even the acting that I love. It's the directors and the editors and the writers and everyone else that put so much of their love and, sometimes, frustration into their work.
- All the same, I love reading books and am always looking for new ones to read and love forever.
- The first book I ever wrote was eighty-one pages and took up a year and a half of my life. Ten to eleven...
- I read the seventh Harry Potter book in three days.
- I know more underground bands than I know famous bands.
- My mother has a Ph.D in Musicology and also minored in Chemistry in lower levels of schooling. It's in my blood.
- I am both a college and a high school student right now!
- I am writing script for a movie... which I will direct and produce. This will be fun.
- I've always wanted glasses.
- I'm naturally/innately talent at math.
- ... However, I fail at science.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service