Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 46178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello!

I'm Christa, and I signed up for this site about 15 minutes ago, so I'm pretty sure that I can be categorized as new. I got introduced to nerdfighters by randomly finding a vlogbrothers video on youtube, and proceeding to watch every single one of the videos on the channel. I'm sure there are many things that make me a nerd, but the only thing that comes to mind right now is the story of the time in middle school when everyone had to keep track of how many pages they'd read during a marking period and I reached 100,00 pages, while the average was around 100 pages. That was a really long run-on sentence. Anyway, I'm really glad that I joined, and I'm looking forward to reading through the forums and meeting other nerdfighters!
Heyhihello! I'm Ella! I'm 14 years old and I'm from England! I love music basically anything that sounds good and I love you tube and the Internet! Any random, book/chocolate/icecreamloving people are welcome to add me! Extra points if you can quote harry potter or doctor who! :) :) :)
Hey there,
I'm a fourteen year old Girl from Germany. My name is Winona.
I got introduced to nerdfighters by typing "nerd" into Google. (I googled for stereotypes, I'm writing about that.)
And yeah, here I am
I would describe myself as nerd.
I've read Harry Potter uncountable times.
I stay up til 4am to watch Doctor Who episodes.
My taste in music is really random and I really love school. (Google tells me I'm serving a stereotype now but whatever :D)

Message me, would love to find new friends!
x
My name is Anastasia and I live in Ohio. I love anything Harry Potter (fanfic, AVPM, MuggleNet, TheLeakyCauldron, etc.), Fantasy novels, Science, and Soul Calibar!
I am a nerd because I love being myself! I currently don't have any friends (other than my penpals Alastair & Meggie) but that's just because I haven't found a Nerdfighter like myself who likes me!
Hail, Nerdfighting community!
With that alienation of all but those with the most resistance to my epic-level social fail, let's move on to an introduction.
I'm a 14-year-old Nerdfighter, and have been for a fair few months now. That's the Nerdfighter part. Not the 14-year-old part. I've been that for a few months more, and will eventually stop being one, unlike the other aspect of my intro.
I think I'm funny. One of my major failings.
I also subconsciously fish for compliments via self-deprecation sometimes.
I'm an aspiring writer, and I don't think I'm half bad. I'm no Shakespeare, but that doesn't mean I won't shamelessly steal his ideas.
I'm also a comic-book fan, in the loosest sense of the term. I don't actually buy periodical comics. I buy the occasional graphic novel and rank it among the top 3 best ways to tell a story, and I'm fascinated by the whole "Interconnected universe" thing that comic companies have going. You can't really do that with my first love, the modestly beautiful and more thoughtful Literature, hence my love affair with the curvaceous and dirty lady Comic.
I like awkward, confused metaphors. Because they're the only kind of metaphor I can do consistently well.
On top of that, I'm a gamer. I don't consider that as big a part of me as I did before I really got into the internet, but it's a part of me I cherish. Aside from a love of reading, it's the first sign of my nerdliness.
I write, too. If you have enough free time and are bored enough to want to check it out, it's here.
So, that's me in a nutshell.
Hello, there.
I found myself to be a Nerdfighter a bit after my friend showed me Hank and John's videos a little while ago. I'm 15-ish, and I live in Michigan (exciting, I know). I don't write, I don't sing, I don't dance, I play no instrument, I don't have much that makes me different, but I don't find myself boring at all.
I tried to read the HP series when I was in second grade, but couldn't get past the first page, so I quit. Feeling like a poser for so long, I just picked up Sorcerer's Stone yesterday, and I plan on reading it all before the first half of Deathly Hallows comes out in theatres.
I don't watch Doctor Who, even though its apparently the greatest thing to come out since the toaster. I just don't find myself getting into it.
I plan on starting a youtube series soon about the Slender Man, but thats about it for my summer plans and youtubage.
I love Mountain Dew.
That is all.
kthxbai.
Hey, I'm Sam. I'm originally from California, but currently in Nashville (specifically, Spring Hill, TN).
I found Nerdfighteria through John Green's books, Looking for Alaska being the one that sealed the deal.

What makes me a nerd?
I am obviously a book-nerd type.
I'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, I'd rather be thoughtful than vapid, and I believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan.
I am guilty of being over-enthusiastic on occasion.
I have to use correct grammar, even on the internet and over text messaging. I hate "IM speak."
I appreciate literature, art, music, and deep conversations.
I'm sure there are many other things I could add to this list, but frankly, I don't feel like typing it all out.
I agree that chatspeak should be slaugtered :D, and yet I use far to many smileys, probably hypocritical of me. Hi Sam, I am Alex and I think you will find many over-enthusiastic people on here, including myself. I hope you enjoy using the ning, feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
A "boom worm", eh? Jokes.
Who's your favourite Doctor?
Hello Claudia (sorry I have no accents on my keyboard). I'm moving to London in Sepetember and I don't know anyone there also. Maybe we should talk and maybe meet... I'll be living near Hyde Park.
I'm also moving to London in September! Apparently all the cool people are then ;)
I'm Lori. I was introduced to Vlogbrothers through a friend's FB link, and then realized I knew who John Green was because I'm a YA-lit nerd. I'm an adjunct English instructor at a university in Detroit; I usually teach either remedial writing or freshman comp. I love teaching, and I particularly love first-year college students. I have two kids, a 4-month-old daughter whose most noteworthy trait so far is being so enormous that my husband and I sometimes wonder if she's a tall tale, and a six-year-old son who is the funniest, coolest little person ever. He's like to be a plumber or a paleontologist--or both--but we're hoping for him to marry into money, preferably into the Pitt-Jolie dynasty. I live in Detroit, which, once you get used to its post-apocalyptic feel, is a really amazing city. I'm 32, so I'm old.

I'm mainly a book-type nerd. I'll read pretty much anything, although my favorites are YA fiction, science fiction (particularly feminist sci fi), theology, and history. My husband thinks I'm a nerd because I know nothing about popular culture. That is true--my pop culture knowledge stops around 1996, and now I'm the old person who's like "So who is this Lady Goo-Goo I keep hearing about?"--but he thinks calculus books are appropriate beach reading so I really don't think he should talk.

I read John Barnes's Tales of the Madman Underground last month (very good book, if a bit too long), and the narrator describes one of the characters as looking "like an English professor that wanted to be a folksinger, which is to say, a dork who wanted to be a bigger dork." I realized that was probably a pretty apt description of me.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service