Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 46128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello! I am Val, new nerdfighter. New as in surfing-Youtube-over-Thanksgiving-break-and-discovering-a-giraffe-sex-video-and-then-watching-other-vlogbrother-videos new. I tend to abuse commas and hyphens, and I apologize for that. I enjoy theatre in the watching sense, not the acting. Showtunes are pretty amazing, John's books are also amazing. Tigers are cool. Fictional characters live inside my head. I enjoy anime, manga, and Doctor Who as well.

DFTBA!
Not new but it's been two years or something that I kind of just forgot how awesome this site was, so I'm back.
And I don't know anyone on here anymore :(

Hi, I'm Alda, from Iceland. I love traveling and studying languages and I want to live in oh many different countries. I love drawing, reading and writing (nanowrimo 2010 winner, btw!).

Alrigty.
Hello there, hows everyone doing?

I'm new so, hello again *waves at people*
*Waves back*

I'm new here as well. So hi!! :) How are you??
Hi, I'm Katie. I live in Alabama.
I honestly don't remember how I came across John and Hank's videos, but I can guess that I was just bored and stumbled upon one of the videos. I've been watching since early 2008.
I guess what makes me a nerd is my love for reading. I learned how to read before most of my friends and was always known throughout school to have my nose in a book during downtime at school or home. I love Harry Potter and have reread the books several times. My feelings towards those books are probably the nerdiest ones I have, since I get pretty riled up when people start arguing about them, haha.
I enjoy other stuff too though! Being outside doing things like hiking and swimming are among my favorites :)
If you wanna know more, just ask!
which of the harry potter book is your favorite? who's your favorite character? what did you think of deathly hallows part 1? sorry that was my nerdiness showing, i just am really excited to be able to talk to people about these books.
My names Tony...or ynoT (pronounced why not). I found out about Nerdfighting when I stumbled upon Hank's Accio Deathly Hallow's song, since then I have been watching every video in order starting with their first in January 2007.
Hi, haha *feels weird*

I'm Emma. I live/am from London. I've been watching the John and Hanks videos for a while, since late 2008, but I only just took the initiative and joined :)

What makes me a nerd? I don't really know; its a label if anything! Although I must say I have read the Harry Potter books one too many times not to be considered nerdy. My loves include reading, photography and debating. I have a compulsive need to stay on top of current affairs though if I'm honest, I don't know to what extent I do this successfully. My favourite school subjects are Physics and Chemistry.

I don't know what else to say!

Hi again :)
hi. i'm jocelyn, i live in the northeast. i was introduced to nerdfighters by a girl on my swim team a few years ago. she sat at swim meets and just read this book whenever she was out of the water. at the end one meet she gave me the book and told me i had to read it. it was an abundance of katherines. after reading all of john's books that were out at the time i started watching vlogbrothers and that eventually led me here.
probably the biggest reason, but certainly not the only reason, i'm a nerd is because of my love of harry potter. it started when i was seven and hasn't really changed since.
smaller reasons i'm a nerd, include the fact i enjoy discussing classic literature in my free time. my favorite books are to kill a mockingbird, the catcher in the rye, wuthering heights, and so much more. i also am rather fond of naming my pet parakeets after poets.
my beatles fascination is pretty nerdy as well, i could probably tell you more about john lennon than i can tell you about myself.
i joined this site to try to make new nerdy friends who i can talk about this stuff with, because all my current friends find it all of it rather strange.
thanks for reading! and thanks for welcoming me into this community!
Once upon a time, there was a man named Zach.

He was a teenager, but used the term man because he aspired to be a real one. A William Wallace man! FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

He ran around, pretended he could dance, created lots of decibels, and in general had a wild Rumpus of a time.

At the end of the day, he would complete his homework, read his Bible, and then hang his purple hoody next to the door, ready to have more adventures.

He was a nerd because he knew every lyric and harmony to every disney song. Because he always carried a nerf gun, and could make it shoot 3.5x farther with nothing but a screw driver and 20 minutes - and he could do it blindfolded. He knew the pokemon theme song by heart - all 12 of them. He spoke Latin. He actually did all the assigned reading. He rappelled out his window in costume to go to the HP7P1 premier.

He was also 6 foot 4, and hit his head upon a bunch of things.

People would ask him questions

(thats your cue)

The end.
Rappelled down a rope, or knotted-together bedsheets?
Rope. Some army rangers taught me how to tie a harness.... They offered to let me fast rope of their 60 foot tower, but I'm kind of really acrophobic, so I just stuck with rappelling. Good skill to have.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service