Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 46059

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Helloo, I am Ashley, most call me Farrell (my last name, since Ashley is so damn common.)

I have no idea why it took me so long to get here, my sister and I have been devoted vlogbrothers fans for quite some time. I sure am glad that I finally made it.

I'm all about the arts, and I personally love to perform. I also read everything I can touch (as long as it seems to have a good plot). I am a tumblr addict, and spend about 90% of my spare time on the internet. The other 10% I spend downtown (I live in Memphis) doing whatever I can to help around there. Or just chilling at places like the brooks museum.

Hey there! My name is Courtney.

I'm 16 and I live in southern California.

I can't remember exactly how I stumbled upon the vlogbrothers, despite the fact that it was just over a week ago. All I know is that nerdfighteria has definitely got me hooked! I've already converted one of my friends... Hehe. ;D Just the other day I read An Abundance of Katherines for the first time. I absolutely loved it!

What makes me nerdy?

Well, for one, I absolutely love reading. My favorite series is, like many other people, Harry Potter. :D I also enjoy other books, such as Pride and Prejudice, Nineteen Eighty-Four, and the Grapes of Wrath, just to name a few.

I also listen to wizard rock, as I love all things Harry Potter. :)

Also, in general, I just like learning. Learning is good.

Anyway, that's just a bit about me! (I'm not very good at introductions...)

I hope to get to know all of you better, and I'm really excited to be a part of nerdfighteria! :D

Hi!My name is Charles.I'm 16 and I live in Montreal.

The first time I've seen a vlog brother is on the video of Hank for NASA ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFvMPWSBQxw )but I didn't get in the vlogbrothers stuff yet. I discover the whole brotherhood 2.0 and John latter,throught Molly Lewis mentioning them.

Also,why do I considerate myself a nerd(and thus worth being a nerdfighter)?Well I love science-fiction(both books,movies and tv shows),I love science(and want do become a scientist),love music(like,not only popular one-indie rocks,independant artists,nerdy/geeky artists as Molly Lewis and Jonathan Coulton,etc),love technology,read webcomics and watch webseries.I am not the activist kind of nerd(too lazy/shy) and so I don't participate a lot on forums and else,but I feel like being a nerdfighter is another way of affirming my nerdiness .And who knows,maybe I'll discover fellow nerdfighters in my entourage(as I don't know any nerd like me at my actual school).

So,I'm not a big reader(not enough time/will),but I did read some Asimov stuff(red the whole robot cycle and many short story collections,but only began the foundation cycle ),and liked it.In tv shows,I loved firefly,Dollhouse,Flashforward(I nearly died knowing the "end" of it-cruel tv network),The big bang theory,Fringe and some other things(note,I put only nerdy shows I liked,I watch non-nerdy shows too).As for webcomics,I (regulary)read QC(Questionnable content),XKCD,Doghouse diary,A softer world and Between failure.As form webseries,I am a fan of the guild,seen The legend of Neil,and if we can consider it as a webshow,I am TOTALLY over Dr.Horrible's sing-along blog.For music band and movies,they're on my profile.

So hi nerfighter community!Hope I can enjoy even more awesomness from you!And hopefully,somehow someday, decrease world-suck/increase world-awesome myself.

Thanks!

Hello! My name is Kayla. I hail from the land known as California.

I honestly don't know how I was was introduced to the vlogbrothers. I think I was just going through random videos and came across one of their videos. 

What makes me a nerd? Hm, a lot of things make me a nerd. My love for Doctor Who along sci-fi, superhero, and horror movies. I enjoy reading quite a bit. I also really like history. I have an eclectic taste in music. I like video games. I spend most of my time on the computer. I tend to avoid the sun as much as I can. 

I'm not really great at describing myself.

Anyways, I'm really glad that I stumbled across the vlogbrothers videos, and I hope to make friends in the nerdfighter community! :)

Hi my name is Vicki, 22 years old from England.

I have actually watched a fair few of the Vlogbrothers videos a while ago but I just recently decided to watch them all right from the very beginning (which has seriously helped cheer me up), To be honest I am nowhere near finished but I didn't want to put off joining the awesomeness :).

So what makes me a nerd?

I am really into music even though I can't play an instrument to save my life (although I can tell you when an instrument is out of tune).

I also LOVE reading, I always have done, by the time I was 8 I had read every book in my house and at that point we had over 300 books, including the bible. Along with reading I also like to write occasionally although that is more of a personal thing.

I am addicted to tumblr, I spend pretty much all my time on the internet.

I really hate introductions, if this was in person I would be mumbling and going so red it's unreal (which is quite a feat since I am white).

Can't wait to get to know you guys :D,

Howdy, I'm Alice.

At the tender age of 15 I have discovered Nerdfighters and my brain has been swamped with an unimaginable (I suppose it is easily imagined, nevermind) joy that there are so many people like me out there. I discovered vlog brothers a few months ago but it hadn't dawned on me that I too am a nerdfighter. For if I am willing and ready to be one then surely that fills all the requirments. If that's not enough my love of maths, gaming and dinosaurs should be greatly appreicated! In fact my love of dinosaurs is unmatched, although this is my opinion and therefore slightly biased. I challenge all British nerdfighters to beat my raptor impression which brings even the greatest paleontologist to their knees. Anyway, I am new and I am excited to get to know everyone and despite my appauling memory I will never forget to be awesome. (!)

Hi there! I'm Nathan. I found nerdfighters very accidentally just googling around. I'm glad I did! I'm a computer nerd! I'm a PC gamer (any other members of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race?), and enjoy working out the occasional bug on an open-source project.

"Helloooo, Nurse!" Ok, there's my obscure Animaniacs reference...

Hi, I'm Nick. I just stumbled upon this site and the vlogs by accident and after perusing the material I HAD to sign up. It seems like there are great people here...so I'm excited :)

What qualifies me as a nerd? Hmm...well, I LOVE Astronomy and telescopes and anything to do with Space. I've spent many hours reading astrophysics and theoretical physics articles and books...and.....wow...I AM a nerd. Suh-weet!

I also really enjoy anime. Just a quick few series that I love are Moonphase, Cowboy Bebop, Magical Lyrical Nanoha, and Elfin Lied.

Mmkay...I think that's it. Great to be here...and I hope everyone is having a fantizzle day :D

The name is pixie price. I hail from the land know as Belize. Im a big time beatle nerd. I enjoy reading, watching balck and white horror movies, nebulae , drinking tea and philosophy. Hope you guys have a good one. * curtsies*

"Nebulae", eh? Do you have a fav?

...and, damn, Belize is a lot cooler place than here....hmph.

On the contrary its pretty hot! ( I kid) Emmm.. favorite nebula would be the cats eye nebula.

Oh...oh boo *shaking head*. That was a "dad joke" ; )

And SICK choice...that's a good one *nodding*. I keep flip-flopping back and forth between the Tarantula Nebula and Horsehead Nebula.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service