Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 49841

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello! My name is Kayla. I hail from the land known as California.

I honestly don't know how I was was introduced to the vlogbrothers. I think I was just going through random videos and came across one of their videos. 

What makes me a nerd? Hm, a lot of things make me a nerd. My love for Doctor Who along sci-fi, superhero, and horror movies. I enjoy reading quite a bit. I also really like history. I have an eclectic taste in music. I like video games. I spend most of my time on the computer. I tend to avoid the sun as much as I can. 

I'm not really great at describing myself.

Anyways, I'm really glad that I stumbled across the vlogbrothers videos, and I hope to make friends in the nerdfighter community! :)

Hi my name is Vicki, 22 years old from England.

I have actually watched a fair few of the Vlogbrothers videos a while ago but I just recently decided to watch them all right from the very beginning (which has seriously helped cheer me up), To be honest I am nowhere near finished but I didn't want to put off joining the awesomeness :).

So what makes me a nerd?

I am really into music even though I can't play an instrument to save my life (although I can tell you when an instrument is out of tune).

I also LOVE reading, I always have done, by the time I was 8 I had read every book in my house and at that point we had over 300 books, including the bible. Along with reading I also like to write occasionally although that is more of a personal thing.

I am addicted to tumblr, I spend pretty much all my time on the internet.

I really hate introductions, if this was in person I would be mumbling and going so red it's unreal (which is quite a feat since I am white).

Can't wait to get to know you guys :D,

Howdy, I'm Alice.

At the tender age of 15 I have discovered Nerdfighters and my brain has been swamped with an unimaginable (I suppose it is easily imagined, nevermind) joy that there are so many people like me out there. I discovered vlog brothers a few months ago but it hadn't dawned on me that I too am a nerdfighter. For if I am willing and ready to be one then surely that fills all the requirments. If that's not enough my love of maths, gaming and dinosaurs should be greatly appreicated! In fact my love of dinosaurs is unmatched, although this is my opinion and therefore slightly biased. I challenge all British nerdfighters to beat my raptor impression which brings even the greatest paleontologist to their knees. Anyway, I am new and I am excited to get to know everyone and despite my appauling memory I will never forget to be awesome. (!)

Hi there! I'm Nathan. I found nerdfighters very accidentally just googling around. I'm glad I did! I'm a computer nerd! I'm a PC gamer (any other members of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race?), and enjoy working out the occasional bug on an open-source project.

"Helloooo, Nurse!" Ok, there's my obscure Animaniacs reference...

Hi, I'm Nick. I just stumbled upon this site and the vlogs by accident and after perusing the material I HAD to sign up. It seems like there are great people here...so I'm excited :)

What qualifies me as a nerd? Hmm...well, I LOVE Astronomy and telescopes and anything to do with Space. I've spent many hours reading astrophysics and theoretical physics articles and books...and.....wow...I AM a nerd. Suh-weet!

I also really enjoy anime. Just a quick few series that I love are Moonphase, Cowboy Bebop, Magical Lyrical Nanoha, and Elfin Lied.

Mmkay...I think that's it. Great to be here...and I hope everyone is having a fantizzle day :D

The name is pixie price. I hail from the land know as Belize. Im a big time beatle nerd. I enjoy reading, watching balck and white horror movies, nebulae , drinking tea and philosophy. Hope you guys have a good one. * curtsies*

"Nebulae", eh? Do you have a fav?

...and, damn, Belize is a lot cooler place than here....hmph.

On the contrary its pretty hot! ( I kid) Emmm.. favorite nebula would be the cats eye nebula.

Oh...oh boo *shaking head*. That was a "dad joke" ; )

And SICK choice...that's a good one *nodding*. I keep flip-flopping back and forth between the Tarantula Nebula and Horsehead Nebula.

Hi I'm Kenny!

I heard about this page from the Vlog Brothers a long time back.

What makes me a nerd?

I am currently a creative writing major.

I am going to be also double majoring with computer science with a required minor of mathematics.

I want to go into video game devolpment!

I have a large number of books.

Other things that I can't think of!

First; love the hair. Well done *golf clap*.

Second; your taste in anime is fantizzle...lovin' it : )

Welcome!

Oh, nice...lol : )

Unfortunately, I don't really have the time to stay current with any newer/subbed anime...so I'm always catching up. I'm currently watching Princess TuTu, which I absolutely love. It's one of the better series I've seen in a while, IMO *nodding*...

I have a ton of favorites, of course...and one of my Top 10 is Welcome to the N.H.K., which is what prompted my comment about your taste above =)

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service