Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 52174

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Helloooo, Nurse!" Ok, there's my obscure Animaniacs reference...

Hi, I'm Nick. I just stumbled upon this site and the vlogs by accident and after perusing the material I HAD to sign up. It seems like there are great people here...so I'm excited :)

What qualifies me as a nerd? Hmm...well, I LOVE Astronomy and telescopes and anything to do with Space. I've spent many hours reading astrophysics and theoretical physics articles and books...and.....wow...I AM a nerd. Suh-weet!

I also really enjoy anime. Just a quick few series that I love are Moonphase, Cowboy Bebop, Magical Lyrical Nanoha, and Elfin Lied.

Mmkay...I think that's it. Great to be here...and I hope everyone is having a fantizzle day :D

The name is pixie price. I hail from the land know as Belize. Im a big time beatle nerd. I enjoy reading, watching balck and white horror movies, nebulae , drinking tea and philosophy. Hope you guys have a good one. * curtsies*

"Nebulae", eh? Do you have a fav?

...and, damn, Belize is a lot cooler place than here....hmph.

On the contrary its pretty hot! ( I kid) Emmm.. favorite nebula would be the cats eye nebula.

Oh...oh boo *shaking head*. That was a "dad joke" ; )

And SICK choice...that's a good one *nodding*. I keep flip-flopping back and forth between the Tarantula Nebula and Horsehead Nebula.

Hi I'm Kenny!

I heard about this page from the Vlog Brothers a long time back.

What makes me a nerd?

I am currently a creative writing major.

I am going to be also double majoring with computer science with a required minor of mathematics.

I want to go into video game devolpment!

I have a large number of books.

Other things that I can't think of!

First; love the hair. Well done *golf clap*.

Second; your taste in anime is fantizzle...lovin' it : )

Welcome!

Oh, nice...lol : )

Unfortunately, I don't really have the time to stay current with any newer/subbed anime...so I'm always catching up. I'm currently watching Princess TuTu, which I absolutely love. It's one of the better series I've seen in a while, IMO *nodding*...

I have a ton of favorites, of course...and one of my Top 10 is Welcome to the N.H.K., which is what prompted my comment about your taste above =)

Hi... :) I'm excited to meet all you veteran Nerdfighters. I've been hearing about this for about a year now and finally took the time to actually check it out. Uh, I have been MISSING OUT. :p :)
I'm 26, married for 7 years, and I have four kids, currently ages 5, 3, 2, and 3 months. I love internet communities, I've been blogging on xanga.com for 7 years and have no desire to stop...ever..., and I only wish I had enough time and an actual camera to do youtube vids because it looks like so much fun.
What makes me a nerd? Words are kinda my thing. I write, I do spoken-word poetry, I flabbergast people with unexpected speeches in the middle of normal conversation--that kind of thing. I also like accumulating trivia-type information. ^_^

So that's a very tiny bit about me. And hello, officially!
~V

Wow, Xanga! I remember having an account like a few months after it came out and then never touching it again : (

...and flabbergasting people is ALWAYS a plus...nice : )

I meant to reply days ago but forgot-- Xanga is still alive and kickin' and it's got a great community. It's also got a lot of trolls unfortunately. :p I've been there for 7 years and it's the only place I really blog anymore. I luurve it... :) There's meet-ups and everything. And, being such a lover of words, it's so awesome to have a ready source of new stuff to read all the time. All that to say, you should definitely check it out again. :) I'm TheMarriedFreshman on there. (Slighty long story, haha.)

well i'm late to the party...not in that i've only become part of nerdfighteria recently, but that i hadn't noticed this thread.

soooo hello all.  actually found out about the nerdfighters through Kristina who i found through a chain of other youtubers.

i'm a nerd because my brain doesn't switch off.

anything else?

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service