Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 50789

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

a belated welcome Rachel.  sure you'll get along great, however fast or slow the process is.

Hi everyone, I'm Rory.

I'm 18 and I study psychology (in England) as well as read a lot, write a lot and watch a lot of films..and sleep a lot...and watch youtube.

I don't know if I can even remember how I got introduced to nerdfighteria, I think I saw John mentioned on a site somewhere or on Tumblr and it sort of went from there! I don't know why it took me so long to think that there might be a site full of awesome, like-minded people and since I don't know any other nerdfighters (sad, I know) this seemed like a good idea. I've even taken to writing 'DFTBA' on my hands/wrists so that if another nerdfighter saw it they could comment...no luck.

I'm a bit of a bookworm/film fanatic/potterhead who's generally obsessive and who currently like's all things sherlock.

So hmm hi everyone

sorry you're not finding any fellow nerdfighters in person...might (and i know it's not comfortable/natural for a lot of us) have to actually get out and meet people, and ask them.  i like to think i'm observant when i choose to be, but it would be very easy to overlook DFTBA on someone's person as, i (like many of us) can get very wrapped up in my thoughts.

Hello fellow Nerdfighters!

I'm new to the ning but I've been a NF since 2007, yeeey! :D

Some little things about me:

*Swedish

*27 years old (guess thats old in nerdfighteria?)

*Work at an artmuseum (awesome!)

*writes (a swedish) blog about YA-books

Looking forward to meet other nerdfighters, I don't know any NFs IRL!

xoxo

old is relative.  for example, if we go by your awesome rebirth as a Nerdfighter, you're only 4.  (of course that would still make you one of the 'oldest' nerdfighters)

anyway.  welcome!

If you're old, then I'm old, I'm 26, and 6 months away from being 27 myself.  So we can be "old" nerdfighters together :-)

DFTBA and welcome :)

heheh...as long as we're younger than John and Hank...heheheh 

thank you for that Sofia.

Hi! My name is Rickard and i live in Sweden

About a month or so i found and started to watch John and Hanks channel and I just recently got around to joining this community. I enjoy playing music, reading books and playing computer games. What about you guys?

o, i think you'll find a lot of us sharing each of your interests if not all of them.

I've been going backwards towards the beginning. The oldest videos i have watched so far are from early 2011. And that's not even a fourth of  it as far as i understand. 

is an undertaking.

So, uh, my friend told me about this...about a year ago, so yay procrastination?

I'm Tracy, and I live in Orlando. (Paper Towns was a fun read) (also if you have any questions about Harry Potter's Wizarding World please feel free to ask... I go there a lot since I live close by)

As I said a friend, well, someone I met in a line for a college sponsored screening of Beauty and the Beast, told me about this, which I thought, 'Hey, sounds kinda cool', and then promptly forgot about it. Then I started to get into Doctor Who, which lead me to Chameleon Circuit, which lead me to charlieissocoollike and alexday, which lead me to vlogbrothers, and you get the picture. 

SO.... I like Doctor Who, am trying to get a hold of Classic since I haven't watched them yet, have read Harry Potter both backwards and forwards, (literally, 1-7 then 7-1, and then by favorite and so on and so forth...last known record before I lost count was ten times), love music and am a musical geek, love art history and weird facts about it, recently gotten attached to Sherlock and Cabin Pressure, ( I like me some Cumberbatch), and I am trying to get back into a habit I have abandoned which was making comics in my spare time.  

...hi? 

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service