Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 46165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey everyone, I'm Milly, average high school student.

I first read Looking for Alaska in 2007. I remember talking to a librarian about loving it some time later, and she told me, "Oh yeah, that was a great book."

Cut to about four years later, where the following story picks up.

The librarian at my school was actually the person who I should indirectly thank for introducing me to Nerdfighters. I was checking out Paper Towns (again!), and he told me that if I pre-ordered "The Fault in Our Stars," I could get a signed copy (and of course I forgot to pre-order the book, but that's another story). and that kind of just led me down the trail to find Nerdfighters!

I like Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate (minus Universe), calculus (even though I'm terrible at it), and myriad other things. oh and I've been a regular on a gaming forum for about three years!

Yeah, I guess that's it. :)

welcome Milly!  sorry, but in what way are you so 'average?'

Oh, I say that somewhat tongue-in-cheek. I also kind of have this tendency to be ultra self-deprecating.

It's nice to meet you, Danno! :)

ok.  i totally get that, but those of us who are like that need to try to remember we are made of awesome...otherwise we begin to take the sarcasm literally.

I'm Rebekah (or Bekah)! 

I first found the vlogbrothers through Accio Deathly Hallows, but, unfortunately, did not look into them more. I saw more of their videos here and there and eventually, I watched all of Hank's songs, some arbitrary videos. Now I'm starting from the beginning! 

I am a total nerd. I am an English major; I love literature and grammar - though, ironically enough, I suck at spelling. I also love to write. I was a marching band kid in high school. I played flute and was in music theory class. I also happen to love a variety of music, generally ranging in harder rock and techno, though indy is fantastic, as is instrumental. Harry Potter has been a huge part of my life. I've read all of them way too many times, I read (and write a bit) fanfiction, and am one of the lucky that got into the Pottermore Beta. Starkid also rocks my world! I am also totally in love with Doctor Who. More nerdy things that I am into include Sherlock, Musicals, Shakespeare, Stargate-SG1, Glee, and Disney. 

I am also in love with a total nerd, though a different kind of nerd. He is a math/computer nerd. He likes writing programs and suck. He is also majorly in-tune with his inner Poke-collector. He is, like me, a former band kid (baritone!).

I have yet to read John Green novels, but when I find time I will! (Suggestions on which to read first are appreciated).

this is hilarious!  i too, majored in English, love language in general and/yet suck at spelling.

also, TFIOS is John's best book, to date... i'll let you decide where to put it in reading order.

anyway, my point is: (and i know it's a roundabout way of saying it,) i hate sauerkraut... wait, that's not it... welcome to the ning!  there we go :D

*such Blarg! One of the reasons why handwriting is superior to typing. 

i don't know about that... spellcheck is my friend...when i choose to use it.  i also don't like my handwriting much...

Hi!!! I'm a brand spanking new nerdfighter and I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. 

who does, really?

anyway, welcome!  you made it this far, so i'd say you're on the right track...whatever that actually means

Hello all!

I joined Nerdfighters in November, but never really got into talking here. I'm a little shy on webforums (but weirdly, not IRL), but I hope I can get active. In October I watched my first vlogbrother video (31 jokes for nerds), but before that I took the pledge to read it first (and had no idea what Nerdfighteria is, I was really curious about that but forgot to find out more). Now I've watched 122 latest videos in the last week and I also listened Paper Towns in few days (I LOVED IT!). And I found that I can order from Amazon with Visa Electron (I ordered TFioS audiobook) and that I can order Looking for Alaska from our local bookstore.

Then stuff about me! My name is Sirja, though I'm online I'm mostly known as Shaluna. I'm 26 years old and live in Finland. I'm just about to get married (/register our partnership) and I'm pretty exited about that. Besides my girlfriend I like clothes, reading, watching television, papercrafting and fangirling. I'm a fan of/I like many great things, like Harry Potter, Tori Amos, South Park, Doctor Who, Criminal Minds, Mean Girls, Scrubs, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother and Hunger Games to name a few. Besides fangirling and other hobbies my days consist of sleeping, eating and sometimes going to therapy. For the last 3 years I've been on disability pension, but I do have some hopes for the future (I'd love to finish highschool for adults and go to study comparative religion or theology).

So that's me. I hope to get some likeminded friends from here! :)

Hey there everyone. I'm Daniel and I live in England. I was introduced to nerdfighting through tumblr, where I found a gif of Hank ranting about pubs in Wales, which I thought was hilarious. I followed a link to the video and then went back to watch all of John and Hank's videos.

My obsession with languages and history makes me a nerd. =D

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service