Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 50476

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I kinda need it, as well as human biology. Hafta research stuff if you wanna get your writing right, haha

You're into writing? Sadly, my writing never went beyond Harry Potter fanfictions. What sort of writing do you do?

Alternate history, military, sci-fi, socio-cultural perceptions, that about covers it. I'm only doing world and character-building for now, since my narrative needs work (a ton :/). My story idea is in my blog, if you wanna check it :p

I'll check it out but... somehow it's ended up being 3:08 am, so I'll make sure to check it out tomorrow. c:

a belated welcome Sally.  sorry things are so difficult...this is a good place to try to stretch and meet people though.

Woooh! Hello Nerdfighters! My name is Andrew, and I live in the Canadia. I am doing a double major in university which gives me more pride than it probably should. Mostly I just wish I found this community sooner because it seems awesome...and naturally it seems awesome because it is in fact made out of awesome, so that makes sense now that I think about it. I really can't think of anything to say here, but if you care to ask me a question it isn't out of line that I could possibly answer it...ya...peace!

Hey Andrew, and welcome to the Ning!

So, how did you find out about the Nerdfighter community? :)

And also, Don't forget to be awesome while you're here! :D

I knew about vlogbrothers for a while, but I decided to watch all of their videos a week ago, a journey which will take me at least 48 hours straight to do (of course I'm not doing it straight). And from there it was inevitable that I would want to find so many awesome people! :)

welcome Andrew!  i can see where you're coming from on feeling slightly let down by not learning about the community sooner, but it's awesome having you here now...says the guy who's only been here a year...

Hi, I'm Emma! I'm still a bit new to the nerdfighteria, since I only just discovered the videos last month. I saw some gif sets of John Green around Tumblr and thought 'who is that person who is giving out all this advice that I wish I'd had when I was younger?!' A quick search led me to YouTube and the vlogbrothers videos, which I keep watching more and more of, and... well, here I am.

I'm usually quiet, always introverted and I love reading. I usually tend to read fantasy and horror but if a plot intrigues me enough, I'll read anything. The last book I finished reading was Frankenstein and I'm currently working my way through The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe and The Story of King Aurthur and His Knights (at least, at my current location. I have more in my bedroom. Too many. I have been forbidden from opening any new books until I finish some of my 'currently reading' pile. I'm also banned from buying more, which is why I will not be telling anyone I just ordered three new ones from Waterstones.com..... oops....). I'm actually working on my own novel at the moment (well, procrastinating over working on it) and hope to get it published someday, one way or another.

Hey Emma, and welcome to the Ning! :D

Hope you enjoy the community :)

And remember, DFTBA!

heheheh  i think a number of us can relate to the expanding library/reading list.  also, you have an awesome name.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service