Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 46285

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello everyone.

I'm from the Caribbean, and hesitate to call myself a nerdfighter just yet (I'm still new to this whole thing). But if I were one, I'd be tied to writing/ reading. 

Let's see.... I'm a Library Assistant, in charge of a school library. I adore manga/ anime (my main obsession currently is One Piece), music (Rock, country, R&B and those really old songs your parents grew up dancing to), and reading all the great books I can get my hands on in whatever genre they lie (except horror. And almost all vampires.)

I also adore fangirling in general, and getting people obsessed with awesome things. Like the Lizzie Bennet Diaries. And Hank Green singing about ponies and anglerfish. And John Green's books (well, from what I've heard of them. Have yet to get my hands on a copy of any, darnit). Which are, incidentally, the main things that brought me here.

Hello Semoy, and welcome to the Ning! :D

Well, considering you heard of us, and wants to be one, you already ARE one :p

As usual, DFTBA!

indeed.  i mean someone (who may or may not be forgetting tba) might look to the fact that you don't mention decreasing suck...though i'd argue that any commitment to getting people reading and thinking fights suck...and besides, embracing your nerd is as big a part of being a NERDfighter as your direct fighting...if that made a lick of sense.

hi im sian 17 from england,

i like youtubeing, is that a word, well itis now. i also enjoy reading tumblring and fangirling ;L

i watch italktosnakes on youtube and she talked about them a few times so i thought id check it out, im currently trying to watch all of brotherhood 2.0 right from the start i just hit august.

im a ravenclaw :) i like to read books when i cast  spells there off the freakin hook... yes  i did just sing that as i wrote it oh god :L

i hide my nerdism from my friends cause theyd laugh at me...

Hi... x

Hello Sian, and welcome to the Ning! :D

And how's your Nerdfighteria experience so far? :)

Anyways, DFTBA!

we'll need another judge's ruling on the e...as it's part of the title... but other than that, i think it's safe to say that yes one can Youtube.  Kristina was also part of my journey here.

anyway, welcome Sian

Hello~ I'm Julen. Or you can call me any sort of nickname you can derive from "Julen"-- there's a surprising amount my friends've thought up, ahah. Somehow ranging from Jules to Juice. I live in Illinois, in a pretty small town. Ugh I'm really not sure what all to say here prighdfkl.
Let's see. I really am terrible at introductions of any sort.. I'm seventeen. I enjoy reading enough to spend 300$ for a tablet just so I don't have to lug my laptop around my house or use my small-screened iPhone, ahaha. My dad has dubbed it "The 300$ Remote" after I sneakily changed the channel from the news to Spongebob. I spend a lot of my time reading, sitting mindless in front of my TV and watching netflix (something both at the same time), or surfing the web. I also spend most of my time in an irc chat with my friends and on tumblr. c:

Hi there Julen, and welcome to the Ning! :D

So, how'd you discover Nerdfighteria? :)

As usual, DFTBA!

I was looking up John Green online after reading Looking for Alaska last year, and discovered Brotherhood 2.0
I was intimidated by the amount of videos, ahaha. I only watched a couple at the time and recently picked back up. And, the rest is pretty much history~

watching tv and netflix Julen?

late reply, sorry! but yes. i like to sound talented, but the truth is it's just netflix on my television. c:

Hi I am Sam.

17 from Canada, I am a french speaker, so don't to rough on my english. I hope you'll help me make my english more awesome. I love sports, books, movies and science. 

I'm studying science and I don't know what to do with my future.

To quote Styx: "I got too much time on my hand".

I am very bad at introducing myself so I'll stop right now and try to see how this huge website/forums works.

May the force be with you!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service