Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 51901

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I'm Mike, I'm a geek from northern UK, I like writing, gaming, reading sci-fi and generally being a nerd.

I'm trying to get back into being more creative (more or less took a break while did some studying) So feel free to check out my stuff - my main thing is my blog at http://thoggy.blogspot.com but I also have a YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/ravenswingthog

I pretty much write about anything I want, I'm a geek (surprise surprise) so that features a fair bit, as well as general ranting about my experiences of being a (relatively) new parent.

On my YouTube channel I've got some random stuff, I'm just getting into using Adobe After Effects to clone myself and I'm just starting to try out some conversations between me and my evil twin Joel. The videos are are a little rough but please do feel free to check them out.

Cheers, Mike aka Thog

Hey there Mike, and welcome to the Ning! :D

How'd you find out about Nerdfighteria? :)

As usual, DFTBA!

Thanks JV - do you know, I can't actually remember.  I've had the website on my links for a while and visited it now and again but not actually registered till now (like a fool!)

Mike

My name is Haley and I'm really exorbitantly excited to be here. I'm an awful speller but I love to read. I can't wait to get to know all you wonderful people. 

Hello Haley, and welcome to the Ning! :D

So, how did you discover the Nerdfighter community? :)

Anyways, DFTBA!

Hey I'm Allie from Jersey and I'm absolutely horrible at introductions so lets see how this goes.

I'm 17 and I spend far too much time on the interwebs tumblring, youtubing, tweeting, and looking up random stuff on wikipedia. I'm obsessed with Loki and Batman and superheroes in general and reading and My Little Pony and Star Wars and Unicorns and a lot of other stuff that my friends hear far too much about. 

I never hide my nerdiness because that would take up too much time that I could use having fun being myself.

Hey Allie, and welcome to the Ning! :D

Wanna share how you stumbled across Nerdfighteria? :)

As always, DFTBA!

Greetings and Salutations! I am here to fulfill the purpose of this thread, and to introduce myself. What got me connected with watching the Vlogbrothers, and what led me to Nerdfighteria, was Episode #1 of Crash Course: Biology. The title caught my eye, and the rest is why I am here now.

I am more geek than nerd. I am very technically minded. I work with electronics, computers, and all other manner of things. I work on my own car, etc... I am a major Final Fantasy fan, though, to be quite honest. I am the worst fan ever. I have a wide love of the arts, of music, science, and of spirituality. I have a deep belief that I am both a student and teacher of life. More directly, of my life, to myself, and others by proxy.

Hi here Tyler, and welcome to the Ning! :D

How's your Nerdfighteria experience going so far? :)

Also, DFTBA!

Hello fellow nerdfighters! :3
I was first introduced to this wonderful community a few months ago (so, quite recently) after Hank appeared in one of charlieissocoolikes videos (I've been watching Charlie since his fish fingers and custard video, intruiged by the Dr Who themed title!) I've very recently moved to the States from England and everytime I tell them my home town (Derby) they keep thinking I've said "Dobby" because of my accent :L I wish my home town was called Dobby because that would be awesome :3 If I were to put myself into a Hogwarts house it would be Hufflepuff!! I am also the proud owner of a Neville Longbottom wand ^^ I love films, especially superhero films (I prefer marvel though, they're just more fun! And colourful :L) iron man and hulk are my favourite of the avengers (not forgetting agent Phil coulson) I love all the Pixar films, most of the dreamworks films, and a lot of the Disney films, my favourite being Lion King (which I've watched so many times that I can recite it off by heart :L) I've already written quite alot (a habit of mine) so I'm going to stop now :L if you'd like to chat then I'm friendly and would like to make some new friends so just message me :) DFTBA!

Hi there Matylda, and welcome to the Ning! :D

What was your favourite of the Pixar films? :)

As always, DFTBA!

Hello~ my name is Rajandeep Brayana (call me Raj) and I'm currently a freshman at UC Berkeley. Got introduced to nerdfighters through scishow and Tumblr ^_^

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service