Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 46107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Zachary, and welcome to the Ning! :D

So, how'd you find out about the Nerdfighter community? :)

As usual, DFTBA! 

Been watching Hank and John for about a year. Been wanting to be part of this (aka been admiring you all from afar)

Hello,

My name's Ruby and I'm 15, from the UK.

I'm nerdy in so many ways, but mainly about music- I freaking love Green Day and McFly, but I also love The Beatles, Fall Out Boy, Ok Go, Panic! At The Disco, My Chemical Romance... I also love Alex Day's music. I play violin and guitar too. Then, I'm a nerd in terms of loving computer programming and history (my favourite historical figure is Ada Lovelace). I also spend way too much time on YouTube.

YouTube's how I became a nerdfighter. Watch Charlie/Alex's videos long enough and you're bound to start wondering what DFTBA means or who these mysterious Green brothers who keep cropping up are. So I subscribed, and realised how awesome they are. I asked for John Green's books for my last birthday, and now I've read Looking For Alaska and Paper Towns and he's one of my favourite authors. I love the vlogbrothers videos- they're consistently funny and insightful. I've found the Crash Course videos really interesting too.

Anyway, DFTBA :)

Hello Ruby, and welcome to the Ning! :D

How's your Nerdfighteria experience so far? :)

Also, DFTBA!

It's been awesome so far! Everyone is really nice :)

I've been watching Vlogbrothers videos for years now but never joined the Ning. I thought it would be fun to immerse myself more in the community because I really value what nerdfighteria does. 

I'm a college student (woot woot) and I live in Nashville. Any Nashville nerdfighters? :)

I'm also in the Navy and it's pretty cool. I'm 20 (6 months shy of being 21 gahhh). I study Earth and Environmental Science and I get really nerdy about rocks and geology.

Hello Emily, and welcome to the Ning! :D

How'd you discover Nerdfighteria? :)

As always, DFTBA!

great to have you around now Emily!

Hi! I'm Kayley, I live in South Korea, and I've recently become addicted to YouTube.

Hello Kayley, and welcome to the Ning! :D

I'm going to assume you found your way here through the vlogbrothers? :)

Anyways, DFTBA!

Hello Rikke, and welcome to the Ning! :D

How's your Nerdfighteria experience so far? :)

As usual, DFTBA!

over 6000 replies... and still not too many to be replaced! anyways, here I am late to the game that is nerdfighting... though likely right at home here anyways. I'm Sara.... I am working on my PhD.... I do internet things when I'm not in the lab... I blog about it here... and come say hello when ever you like!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service