Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 50900

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

welcome...that is an interesting game you've found yourself in...i haven't been in on any 4th...if the succubus thing is typical, not really sure i'm sad about it, but that's me.
Well, specifically we are playing Pathfinder. Not sure which book it's described in... I'm a changeling psion, so we're all over the place, haha.
a little bit.  maybe i'm a purist having started on 2nd ed, maybe i'm jealous because my first gaming group had plans for what i'd dubbed our rule breaker campaign with a whole bunch of 'freaks' never actually got off the ground, or because it would have been so outrageous all those years ago, but would have just been another adventuring party these days.  whatever the case, i don't mean to harp on something you love, but it just no longer feels like it's for me.
I don't feel you are harping at all, I'm very new to it and while I enjoy it - I still don't know much about it. So I enjoy hearing the experiences of others. I'm sorry the abstract has become mundane in your experiences.
o, good.  cause i really had to fight not to call it MUNCHKIN before.  and sure the point is to be heroic (usually) as well as abstract and maybe even over the top, because it's a world you're creating (with blueprints) so i'm glad you enjoy it, and can, i guess, rationalize the trend.  but yeah.  thanks though.  just means i have to imagine other things and socialize somewhere other than the gaming table.
Well, you seem to have a pretty good social thing going on here, so that's a start :)

Hello, I'm new! 

I found my way here via NaNoWriMo last November, but I'd actually watched Maureen Johnson's Dare to Suck video long before that. I just didn't know what it was part of.

I'm a writer. I've written five novels, and I'm currently rewriting no. 4 from scratch in the hope that it will be good enough to be published one day.I'm doing Camp NaNoWriMo as a rebel.

I'm a nerd because...

...I have a degree in linguistics and cultural anthropology but only use that knowledge to make conlangs and fantasy cultures.

...I can't leave the house without a notebook and a pen.

...I prefer book shopping to shoe shopping.

...I baked cauldron cakes and decorated my kitchen for the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Even though I only had one friend come over.

...I've written poetry in Sindarin and made my own bow and arrows (once upon a time).

...I own at least thirty-five dictionaries.

Glad to be here! :-)

Lena

welcome Lena

As you may have presumed from reading this, I am new here!

One of my best friends in the world has been a nerdfighter for quite a while now, although I am not sure whether or not she is a part of these forums. I shall have to check on that matter soon. Anyway, we were discussing our various nerd topics over coffee the other day, such as explosions, zombies, and whether llamas or alpacas are better. (Obviously, alpacas won.) She then preceded to point me to this fine website, so here I am now. I was familiar with Hank beforehand, having seen him perform at W00tstock 2.0 in Seattle, and then running into him at PAX last September. 

I am a nerd because I have an affinity for retro gaming, especially the NES, and I have been deemed a book nerd due to my expansive library. Most recently, I was gifted with an extremely awesome cloak to wear at the midnight premiere of Deathly Hallows Pt.2, in a mere 11/12 days. 

Happy to be here!

DFTBA

Jeffrey

Hi there I'm Amy and Im from England.

Ive been a nerd fighter for some time, i just never got around to joining :)
I am an animation student and this takes up so much of my life. Its rather rewarding though.

Well what makes me a nerd:

Obsessive about Dr Who and Harry Potter,
Always have my nose in a book, 
Glasses wearer,
Video games rule my existence,
Techonology is a passion.

Im not really sure what else to say so ill leave it here:) If you want to get to know me then just say.

welcome Jeffrey and Amy!

I am new. 

Hello introductory thread!

Not a new nerdfighter...just a new nerdfighter.com-er. 

So...I'll be a college freshman at Western Washington University this fall, planning to double major in Environmental Science (emphasis in Marine Ecology) and Photography.

I like reading and being eco-smart/friendly and taking pictures and drinking tea and being mistaken for someone older than I am despite being determined to deny that I will be any older than seventeen for the rest of my life.

I am determined to marry someone who plays a brass instrument, has freckles, wears glasses, and can swing dance.

Ghosts don't exist, but aliens do, and so do the monsters under my bed.

My mother wishes I were less straight-edge. :D

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service