Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 51934

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ah yes, the wonderful incongruous school prizes...

I'm pretty new as well, and I know what you mean about feeling late to the party. I'm 26, married 7 years with 4 kids so far so I kind of feel older than my peers at times. :p :) As long as you have a sense of humor though, you should fit right in. That's my plan anyway!

welcome Sarah...age, and ability to fit in are pretty relative.  now i'm not saying you need to make yourself relate to the youngins, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't think there's a place for you here.

and i think they're re? -airing episides on one of the Nick's...or the hub or something like that...

Thank you Danno. I feel the need to comment that it is so awesome that people like you actually reply when someone new posts. I have noticed that a reliable characteristic of nerdfighters is the persistent doubt about one's ability to fit in/be interesting/worthy (probably inspired by countless rejections elsewhere), and there is just nothing sadder than the thought of a newbie nerdfighter coming here, getting the nerve up to shout out, and having no one respond.  The awful echo of being alone in a crowd.  So to all of you who make sure that every newbie is welcomed, I salute you and express my profound gratitude at this small, yet huge, way in which you are reducing world suck.

wow, i'm reminded of a scene from a Helen Hunt movie, ironically enough.  As Good as It Gets with Jack Nicholson...they're on a date (of sorts) and she's upset, so, in an only slightly longer-winded fashion than i am right now, he says, 'You make me want to be a better man.'  and when she says that it's the nicest thing she's ever been told, he jokes that he overdid it a little.

honestly, i'm happy to decrease suck levels to whatever degree on a personal level, and i'm glad that it made you feel so welcome...and i supose more is better than less...still really unexpected.  thank you, and you're welcome.

hehe, I love that movie. I'm just glad my hail got answered, and moreso I'm glad that other, perhaps lonelier, nerdfighters get a welcome as well. :)

one is glad to be of service.

Bonjour! I'm a new nerdfighter from Mainz, Germany. I'm 28 (ughra) years old and love fighting nerds. *What?.. We don't fight nerds?.. Oh well.*

I study English-speaking cultures and literature and hope to become  a succesful....something... human.

Any questions? :-)

Best wishes!
heya Andreas!  welcome to the ning.  getting older is weird.  your intro's pretty hilarious and awesome, think you'll fit in well.

Thank you very much! :-)

so, random...didn't want to just say, 'you're welcome' so soon after welcoming you to the group...but i don't know the German.

Hi *waves*

I am Moony, 25 and currently living in Austria! I am actually German, but grew up in Portugal and now I am here in Austria. (Not for long anymore....)

Why I think I am a nerd? I am a complete Potterholic, love to read and write fanfiction. I have a never ending reading list (Current: Sherlock Holmes, Under the Dome, The Millenium Trilogy, Game of Thrones). I roleplay too much then to be healthy, and at the moment got an obsession for Lego PC/Playstation Games (currently it's Indiana Jones on the PS2). I speak 3 languages fluently, learned Japanese in school out of fun and planning to learn Danish because I am planning to move there some day (it's the food! and the ocean being right there XD)

I'll shut up now! ;)

welcome Moony!

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service