Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 46319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello! I'm Jen =)

I started watching Vlog Brothers when it first came out, and I watched it religiously! I'd get so excited about it haha

I've never gotten involved in the nerdfighter community... I've always kept up with it all but I just never joined or did anything. But this morning I was getting dressed and put on my Vlog Brothers shirt and it finally hit me that I have to join this community because I'm missing out on being friends with the most awesome people out there!!! I've always considered myself a nerdfighter though!!!

Sooooo some nerdy things about me...  I'm a HUGE Harry Potter nerd. Love it. My next tattoo is going to be something HP! Along with HP, I used to be BIG into Wizard Rock back when it was first starting. I remember when I accidentally found Harry and the Potters myspace and I was like "What the heck is this?!" And I remember buying my first wizard rock CD ever - Draco and the Malfoys <3 I've been to countless shows and have a few Wrockstocks under my belt! I've stepped back from the scene now, but I still listen to some old school stuff on occassion =)  I also read all the time. I read anything anyone suggests - I just finished the Hunger Games series and am looking for something new now! I'm always on the computer too.... HUGE SIMS 3 NERD!

I guess that's it for now! Gotta go, but I'll be back later to jazz up my profile, as it's a tad boring at the moment!

welcome Jen.  you're not alone in...shall we say, sitting on the boat/dock rather than coming towards the center of nerdfighteria island. 

i'm not sure about the various wiz rock groups, but you should totally check out the Harry Potter Nerds group if you haven't already.

Hiya there, my friends call me Rini *waves*

I've been a Nerdfighter for a bit now, but I never joined the forums because I knew I would spend more time here than doing that little thing we call homework (I would do it, it just wouldn't be up to my own standards and translating Ancient Greek is hard XD)

My friend showed me the Vlogbrothers quite a bit ago, and my OCD has bitten me in the butt and lo and behold, I'm on 372/852 videos as of now. So, I've seen a lot of their videos, but I had to go back and re-watch them in chronological order. ...Yay OCD X3

Nerdy Persuasions: Tamora Pierce (yay!), J.K. Rowling/Harry Potter, J.R.R. Tolkien/Lord of the Rings, video gaming (I prefer old school stuff, RPGs and strategy games...I'm crap at FPS'), comic books (admittedly, I've only read a few but I am on a hunt of Batman comics...I like Batman a little *too* much...but I'm not sure that's actually possible), anime/manga - I watch all sorts of stuff, don't have a preference of genre, I just have to like it; and along with that, I am cosplayer (if the pic did not tip you off - it's a Tonks costume btw). I love studying and research and my favorite places to hang out are bookstores/libraries and museums. Literature and History, along with Art History and Theatre are my bread and butter (and also my majors and minors: History/Classics, English/Creative Writing and the others are minors) - I'm a writer and have 1 screenplay, 3 plays, 2 novels, and 2.5 short stories finished with several novels and 4.5 short stories in the works. I love Medieval Re-enactment stuff (yay SCA) and Renaissance Faires. I'm fairly savvy with computers and just got into blogging/vlogging and learning how to edit videos to make them epic lol.

/Nerdrant

weird, but this is the second time in as many days i've mentioned it. but Greek kicked my butt.  turns out i'm pretty good at transliteration, and i'm ok at translating, but doing both at the same time is painful...says the guy who'd still like to really learn Quenya/Sindarin one day.

...anywho, welcome to Nerdfighteria Rini!

Thanks!~

Yeah, for graduate school, I have to know Ancient Greek, Latin, French and German.

German is the only language I haven't taken yet XD Yay for Polyglot Nerdfighters!

Ha, I wanna learn Sanskrit sooooo yeah XD

Hi and welcome!

I am also crap at FPS.  I sort of freak out when I'm being shot at, and can't figure out where the fire is coming from.  However, I really love what I term "first person bashers", like Morrowind and Oblivion.  Have you given those a try?

Are you published, and is there somewhere we can read what you've written?

Are you in a set kingdom?

fpb...i like it.  and my bros so need to hear that one.  thanks Diamond.  love your name btw.
Thanks.  I'll pass that onto my mom when I talk to her next.  ^.^

Hi Nerdfighters! My name is Alex and i am from England. I enjoy reading, listening to and creating music. I also plan to start a book review YouTube page with my girlfriend soon. I look forward to becoming part of the community. Oh before i finish, does anyone want a Google+ account ?

Best wishes!

welcome Alex! 
Welcome Alex ^_^ And yay England! *Not from England but wishes she were*

Hi, my name is Catherine, I'm twenty years old, and I am a nerd(fighter).

I like to spend as much time as possible enjoying words in one way or another.  Sometimes I do this by reading, sometimes by writing, or sometimes, if a word strikes me as funny or interesting, I will say it over and over just because I like it so much.

Attempting to list my favorite authors or books is next to impossible because this list is never static in nature.  My tastes are constantly shifting, although, I can assure you, there are certain works of "literature" that will never make it onto said list *cough*Twilight*cough*.

That being said, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter each hold a special place in my heart because I consider them instrumental in becoming the person that I am today.

A slightly abrupt transition: I also really enjoy superheroes that do a good job of expressing the awesomeness of being a nerd.  This mainly refers to Spiderman, especially the Spiderman incarnation where he fiddles around with neogenic recombinators and makes his own web fluid by mixing chemicals in a lab.  X-men also falls under this category, mostly because they are such a great analogue to any sort of downtrodden or repressed population (such as nerds).

Well I think that rambling session adequately sums up why I consider myself a nerd.  I've seen John and Hank Green's videos once in a while over the years, but it was only recently that I really got into them and began to learn about the extent of nerdfighteria.  I look forward to being a part of something so awesome.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service