Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 49814

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

weird, but this is the second time in as many days i've mentioned it. but Greek kicked my butt.  turns out i'm pretty good at transliteration, and i'm ok at translating, but doing both at the same time is painful...says the guy who'd still like to really learn Quenya/Sindarin one day.

...anywho, welcome to Nerdfighteria Rini!

Thanks!~

Yeah, for graduate school, I have to know Ancient Greek, Latin, French and German.

German is the only language I haven't taken yet XD Yay for Polyglot Nerdfighters!

Ha, I wanna learn Sanskrit sooooo yeah XD

Hi and welcome!

I am also crap at FPS.  I sort of freak out when I'm being shot at, and can't figure out where the fire is coming from.  However, I really love what I term "first person bashers", like Morrowind and Oblivion.  Have you given those a try?

Are you published, and is there somewhere we can read what you've written?

Are you in a set kingdom?

fpb...i like it.  and my bros so need to hear that one.  thanks Diamond.  love your name btw.
Thanks.  I'll pass that onto my mom when I talk to her next.  ^.^

Hi Nerdfighters! My name is Alex and i am from England. I enjoy reading, listening to and creating music. I also plan to start a book review YouTube page with my girlfriend soon. I look forward to becoming part of the community. Oh before i finish, does anyone want a Google+ account ?

Best wishes!

welcome Alex! 
Welcome Alex ^_^ And yay England! *Not from England but wishes she were*

Hi, my name is Catherine, I'm twenty years old, and I am a nerd(fighter).

I like to spend as much time as possible enjoying words in one way or another.  Sometimes I do this by reading, sometimes by writing, or sometimes, if a word strikes me as funny or interesting, I will say it over and over just because I like it so much.

Attempting to list my favorite authors or books is next to impossible because this list is never static in nature.  My tastes are constantly shifting, although, I can assure you, there are certain works of "literature" that will never make it onto said list *cough*Twilight*cough*.

That being said, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter each hold a special place in my heart because I consider them instrumental in becoming the person that I am today.

A slightly abrupt transition: I also really enjoy superheroes that do a good job of expressing the awesomeness of being a nerd.  This mainly refers to Spiderman, especially the Spiderman incarnation where he fiddles around with neogenic recombinators and makes his own web fluid by mixing chemicals in a lab.  X-men also falls under this category, mostly because they are such a great analogue to any sort of downtrodden or repressed population (such as nerds).

Well I think that rambling session adequately sums up why I consider myself a nerd.  I've seen John and Hank Green's videos once in a while over the years, but it was only recently that I really got into them and began to learn about the extent of nerdfighteria.  I look forward to being a part of something so awesome.

Welcome! :3 And yay for other writing Nerds who love superheroes! ^_^ *high 4s* <----yeah, I know it says "4", my OCD won't lemme say "5" because it's not an even number X3

Hello fellow word-nerd!  It's rather nice to have you here.
word-nerds ftw!

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service