Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 46305

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm Amber, as it says above.

My friend, Cortney, introduced me to Doctor Who, and then to Littleradge, and then to the vlogbrothers, and now I vlog myself. So, I owe a ton to my very awesome friend who has helped me find some awesome stuffs.

I love HP, and Percy Jackson... well, anything by Rick Riordan. I love vlogbrothers, and retro games. I love to read. I really love Greek mythology. I'm a history major and I plan to join the Peace Corps after I've finished college. And travelling. I love to travel. I'm very adventuresome. :)

I'm very happy to be a nerdfighter. :)

I'm Megan!(: I'm 15, and I've pretty much unknowingly been a nerdfighter my entire life. I watch a LOT of television, and I'm really involved & invested in drama & musical theater. While I'm into really "nerdy" things like psychology, and reading, I'm also into "less nerdy" things like modern dance and (guilty pleasure) beauty videos on youtube. I just started at a new school, and I don't really fit in, so I finally took the jump and made an account in hopes of finding friends I can actually hold conversations with.(:

Hey everyone!

My name is Bailey, I'm from Atlanta GA, and I'm a student at SPSU. I discovered the vlogbrothers while doing research on the French revolution. I fell in love with their message and John's books and Hank's songs. I've never been on any kind of social networking site before, so this should be interesting. (though I think the crowd that hangs around here will be more open minded then the average facebook wall)

I'm also a PC gamer, (343leaddispenser on steam)

so true.  much as i love facebook, most users ftba.  all the time.  anyway, welcome to the ning Bailey.

Thanks!

DFTBA!

you're welcome, i do my best.  and you too.  how are you liking the ning so far?

welcome Androo.  it is a great community.  a lot of discussion going on about current events and politics over in the forum if you hadn't seen that already.
you seem really awesome, nice to meet you.
Hi! So I found my way to the Vlogbrothers not too long ago through Tumblr, and since then I've almost worked my way through every video (I still have 2007 to go). But! I don't have a single nerdfighter friend. And a nerdfighter without a nerdfighter friend... that doesn't even seem like a real thing.

Mostly I'm an English nerd, I love Harry Potter and pretty much all (good) YA fiction and classic literature. I love poetry as well. I'm also pretty obsessed with movies and I love talking about them with people.

Yeeeeah.

Welcome to the club Taylor! 

speaking of YA fiction, have you read any of John's books yet?

Definitely!  I actually read An Abundance of Katherines like four years ago before I had any idea who John was.  Then over the past month I've read Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns.  I probably wouldn't have gotten so excited about Vlogbrothers if John hadn't been an author :)
welcome TaylorAnn!  point of clarification do you have roughly 2007 videos to watch, or or are you backtracking to '07 (year one of brotherhood 2.0?)

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service