Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 49859

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks!

DFTBA!

you're welcome, i do my best.  and you too.  how are you liking the ning so far?

welcome Androo.  it is a great community.  a lot of discussion going on about current events and politics over in the forum if you hadn't seen that already.
you seem really awesome, nice to meet you.
Hi! So I found my way to the Vlogbrothers not too long ago through Tumblr, and since then I've almost worked my way through every video (I still have 2007 to go). But! I don't have a single nerdfighter friend. And a nerdfighter without a nerdfighter friend... that doesn't even seem like a real thing.

Mostly I'm an English nerd, I love Harry Potter and pretty much all (good) YA fiction and classic literature. I love poetry as well. I'm also pretty obsessed with movies and I love talking about them with people.

Yeeeeah.

Welcome to the club Taylor! 

speaking of YA fiction, have you read any of John's books yet?

Definitely!  I actually read An Abundance of Katherines like four years ago before I had any idea who John was.  Then over the past month I've read Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns.  I probably wouldn't have gotten so excited about Vlogbrothers if John hadn't been an author :)
welcome TaylorAnn!  point of clarification do you have roughly 2007 videos to watch, or or are you backtracking to '07 (year one of brotherhood 2.0?)
Hey everyone, I'm new to the website, but I knew about the Vlogbrothers since around February, I discovered them through awesome people like Wheezy Waiter and Charlieissocoollike. I'm currently on a journey through all of their videos from beginning to end and I'm slowly making my way forward :) My favourite comic is Scott Pilgrim and my favourite movies are Scott Pilgrim, Inglourious Basterds, X-Men: First Class, Planet of the Apes (1968... not Tim Burton's ;]), Inception and a few others. It is one of my goals to become fluent in German as I am currently learning it at GCSE and wish to develop my knowledge in it. I want to go into film when I'm older. I knew I was a Nerdfighter as soon as I started watching their videos and I promise to never to forget to be awesome!!! Plus I'm British. yey.
not that i'm complaining, but what is it about nerdfighteria that attracts so many Brits?
I think its because a high percentage of the UK's population is made of awesome. :)
could be, could be.  trending or not, meeting you is (and sorry if you haven't gotten here yet) fantastically jokes.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service