Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 51911

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hola!

My name is Austin, like the capitol of Texas, not to be confused with Austin, Indiana.
I'm a pretty new Nerdfighter; I've recently gotten into John and Hank's videos about two or three weeks ago, but believe me, I've literally been watching them nonstop. I've actually been a fan of John's books longer than I have of his videos. :)
Other than that, I'm rabid about this band called Coldplay. Anyway, feed me kiwis, iCarly, and John's books and I'll be happy for an eternity.
Looking forward to talking to each and every single one of all the wonderful, beautiful, and lovely Nerdfighters out there!
Austin
is it terrible of me that the part of your intro that stuck out most for me was 'feed me kiwis, iCarly, and John's books?'

Hi, I'm new here.

I am a political-economist and an advocate for electoral reform.

I hope to stimulate more debate on how we may tend our garden thru the use of 3-5 seat PR in "more local" elections and IRV in "lsess local" elections and ideas for revampting the Electoral college for our least local election the presidential election.  

There's a big correlation between what sort of election rules are used and what sort of political system we have and so we need to major on changing the election rules to be a better balance between single seat and PR, cuz otherwise the system tends to tilt to effective single party rule, which is why it's so hard for the two major parties to cooperate currently: Both are gunning for perm majorities...

dlw

welcome Megan
Hey everyone! My name is Louis and I have been a Nerdfighter for a few years. It is a pleasure to finally join the ning!

Hello fellow nerdfighters! Through the grace of stumbleupon, I discovered John and Hank's videos a week or so ago, and have been working my way through them.

Let's see, I'm a science (psychology) nerd, who's really into reading and video games as well. Figured it was about time to join the nerdfighters on here!

'the grace of stumbleupon' ...i like it.  and welcome.  seen much of the site so far?

Been randomly watching Frank and John's videos but haven't really subscribed until recently... reading through some comments, nerdfighters had been mentioned several times so did my research and found this site... been trying to catch up on what this thing is all about and I am liking it so far...
Anyway i think its time for introductions.

1. I love Knowledge, Math, Science and Computers so I work as an IT professional and spend most my time on the net. I find it difficult to live in a world without the www. :)

2. As a self-proclaimed "Otaku"/Nerd, I'm addicted to Music and Movies as well as Anime and Manga. I also am an avid PC Gamer so I often spend money on upgrading my PC parts.

3. I am a sucker for nature, travel and discovering and experiencing stuff so I often go Hiking, Scuba Diving, Rock Climbing, Kayaking, Spelunking, etc. with some of my not-so-nerdy friends. (Was inspired by The Bucket List to pursue and try to experience these stuff and I eventually developed a craving for adventure!)
4. I am also fascinated by humans so i want to meet a lot of different people no matter the media. I am hoping to meet a lot of interesting people here. :)

Hello.

I'm a new nerdfighter.

My sn isn't my real name (which I'm not giving out for obvious reasons).

I don't remember how I found the vlogbrothers exactly... but I'm glad I found them.

Li ren means strong person in chinese

Jamoon is a type of armor in the MMORPG Maplestory.

I roleplay a little (action usually) and I'm more of a comic book nerd.  Though I do read a lot.  (Fantasy genre mostly).

I have recently read Looking for Alaska and that book is epic!

Looking forward to being part of the wonderful community that is Nerdfighteria.  :)

FHA!

Hi I'm new here. I've been watching the vlog brothers videos for awhile now, but i just officially joined the nerd fighters.

My name is Sean, I am an English major, and un-published (as of now) writer. I spend as much of my time as i can reading and writing. my favorite novel is The Great Gatsby.

Hello, my name is Brock. I'm kinda new to nerdfighter.com but I have been watching vlogbrothers since 2008. Let's see, what about me...I'm 21, Canadian, broke, doing Let's Play videos on youtube (currently Super Mario World and Assassin's Creed) and applying as a conductor for Canadian National Railway. I don't know what else to put here so if you want to know more, ask.
Hello, my name is Kathryn. I found nerdfighteria last January through the Coollike One but this is my first night on this site! :) I've been obsessed with Harry Potter pretty much since I learned to read and I love reading and writing. DFTBA! ^_^

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service