Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 46302

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello all,

My name is Becky, but I go by movingjpegs on the interwebs. I like books and movies and rpgs and video editing and things. I'm new to the ning, but excited to be here.

hello again Becky!  so how did you find your way here?

welcome Maxine!  you're not alone, there are all kinds of nerds here.

actually, come to think of it, part of the reason John pushed for crashcourse is that he's said he wasn't a very good student...

anyway, one is glad to be of service.  how are you liking the site so far otherwise?

Hello, I'm Daniel.  I'm 27 and, when not living on the internet, reside in York, UK.  I enjoy computer gaming and roleplaying.  I generally read about religion and history, as well as enjoying fantasy and sci-fi.  Music is really important to me, even if I'm no great shakes at it myself - I was brought up on classical music but am always intrigued by new things. 

welcome Daniel.  what system do you play?

At the moment Star Wars D20.  I have played quite a few things, but mostly Vampire: the Masquerade / Requiem and D&D. 

fun.  i actually became interested in the WoD game line and introduced it to some of my gaming group at the time just before my family ended up moving while i was in highschool, so i'd only ever made up a couple characters and done one session of Werewolf. 

usually can't go wrong with at least some familiarity with d20...

I've played very little Werewolf - it's a very different game to a lot of the other WoD game lines.  I never quite took to it but I have friends who think it's the best one. 

well it sounds like ...Forsaken fits, from what i know of Hunter and Vampire (and a little Mage) anyway, but yeah.  ...Apocalypse though...

Hey everyone!  I'm Sean, and a self-described polymath, and yes, I find that interesting.  I recently obtained my Ph. D. in Astronomy by completing a dissertation project on the characteristics of crystalline silicate dust particles in comets, and I'm moving forward to be an active researching Planetary Scientist/Astronomer/Astromineralogist.  Other than that bit of nerdiness, what fascinates me knows little bounds.  The best way I can think to summarize it is that there is just too much cool stuff in the world to not be interested in it all.  At a big picture level, I strive to understand the nature of the universe.  I see something, and I wonder how, why, and what effects are at play.

Nerd Passions: science, life, coffee, beer, music, video games, humans as animals, genetics, reading, cooking, etc.

you know it's not a contest right Sean?  :D

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service