Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 51519

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

nice.  you ever get around to reading his other stuff?

Yeah, I've read all his books since then.

very nice.  what did you think?

Hey everyone *waves* I'm new here... obviously (Pronouce like Alan Rickman {Snape} please) I live in a town called Watford in the UK and recently just started up my own YouTube channel from the inspiration of Charlie McDonnell. I watched every single one of is videos in a out 9 hours! And then watched a few VlogBrothers and here I am :) Be nice?

welcome Rebecca!  how's the site treating you?

Thank you! Good so far, not spoken to anyone yet :/ but hoping too!

well this could turn into a conversation...or were you meaning on chat? 

Hey nerdfighters,

I've been watching the vlogbrothers' videos for awhile now and became vaguely aware of John's existence in high school when I worked at my local public library and often found myself shelving copies of 'Looking for Alaska' and 'An Abundance of Katherines', but I had never read any of his books until 'Will Grayson Will Grayson' because I really like David Levithan's books.  Since finals are coming up and I'm procrastinating hardcore, I've been watching tons and tons of old vlogbrothers videos as a way to make up for lost time.  

About me: I live in Western Massachusetts, but I'm originally from New Jersey.  I'm a college student, studying comparative literature (specifically literature in Spanish and Portuguese, postcolonial literatures, and poetry).  Someday I want to be a librarian.  I love to bake, dance, sing, cook, and play rugby.  My favorite TV shows are Doctor Who, Torchwood, and Arrested Development.  I snort when I laugh.  

welcome Sarah!  hope finals go well (though, and i admit studying sucks, kinda necessary)

Hello, everyone! I'm new as well. I'm Katie. I was introduced to nerdfighteria by my little brother of all people. I live in a small town in Kansas going to a university studying mainly history. I'm really ready to get on with my life; I want to travel and have great adventures. I hope I can make some great friends here. :)

how much longer to you have at school then Katie?

Just saw your comment, sorry! I have at least 2 more years in university as an undergrad.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service