Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 52146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

very nice.  what did you think?

Hey everyone *waves* I'm new here... obviously (Pronouce like Alan Rickman {Snape} please) I live in a town called Watford in the UK and recently just started up my own YouTube channel from the inspiration of Charlie McDonnell. I watched every single one of is videos in a out 9 hours! And then watched a few VlogBrothers and here I am :) Be nice?

welcome Rebecca!  how's the site treating you?

Thank you! Good so far, not spoken to anyone yet :/ but hoping too!

well this could turn into a conversation...or were you meaning on chat? 

Hey nerdfighters,

I've been watching the vlogbrothers' videos for awhile now and became vaguely aware of John's existence in high school when I worked at my local public library and often found myself shelving copies of 'Looking for Alaska' and 'An Abundance of Katherines', but I had never read any of his books until 'Will Grayson Will Grayson' because I really like David Levithan's books.  Since finals are coming up and I'm procrastinating hardcore, I've been watching tons and tons of old vlogbrothers videos as a way to make up for lost time.  

About me: I live in Western Massachusetts, but I'm originally from New Jersey.  I'm a college student, studying comparative literature (specifically literature in Spanish and Portuguese, postcolonial literatures, and poetry).  Someday I want to be a librarian.  I love to bake, dance, sing, cook, and play rugby.  My favorite TV shows are Doctor Who, Torchwood, and Arrested Development.  I snort when I laugh.  

welcome Sarah!  hope finals go well (though, and i admit studying sucks, kinda necessary)

Hello, everyone! I'm new as well. I'm Katie. I was introduced to nerdfighteria by my little brother of all people. I live in a small town in Kansas going to a university studying mainly history. I'm really ready to get on with my life; I want to travel and have great adventures. I hope I can make some great friends here. :)

how much longer to you have at school then Katie?

Just saw your comment, sorry! I have at least 2 more years in university as an undergrad.

Aw, Katie! You make me feel so special. :P

Hello, Nerdfighteria! 

I've been a lurking Nerdfighter for like four years...and so I figured it was about time I made an account. 

I like to make up songs about everyday tasks. I like biology and e.e. cummings and Harry Potter and making dinosaur noises. 

I look forward to singing, reading, and making dinosaur noises with all of you soon :)

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service