Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 50468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure, but I know that my friend wdeos a lot :)

sallright, just wondering...

Hello all. Just joined. I discovered John and Hank through their Crash Course videos, then Scishow, and now I've been watching a bunch of their just plain vlogs, and loving all of it.

As for what makes me a nerd, well, I've always loved learning things. My intellectual interests span pretty much every field of human endeavor, I have been immersed scifi and fantasy from a very young age, oh, and I was raised in the pre-Internet days by a librarian in a house without cable or videogames. So that probably helped a lot.

Welcome to the Ning, James :D Bet you're excited for the Mongol episode coming next, eh?

let me guess, you rebelled in adolescence by going out for sports, didn't you James? :D

Howdy yall!

As John said once in a Brotherhood 2.0 video, one of the greatest things about being a nerdfighter is that we never have to curb our enthusiasm. We have no shame about who we are and what we love. Basically, I am a nerdfighter because of everything I am, hahaha. From Star Wars, to Lady Gaga, to videos games, to Disney...I'm a nerd!

DFTBA,

Natalie

Welcome to the Ning, Natalie :D

Enjoy your stay!

that is a great sentiment and i admire you for declaring it Natalie.  welcome to the ning

Hey everyone, new nerdfighter here :)

Hello Kelley, and welcome to the Ning! Enjoy your stay :D

welcome to the ning Kelley!  what brings you here?  how did you find out about it/the vlogbrothers?

Hello! My name is Casey, I want to open a sandwich shop/mini-golf place and call it "Sub-Par". I suppose what makes me a nerd is that I enjoy minutiae, palindromes, and wordplay (and yes I choose to continue using the Oxford comma). I also immensely enjoy books (I will read any book and am more than willing to discuss it), theatre (Hedda Gabler, Seagull, Spring Awakening, and other somewhat morbid shows), and cake design (just watch Amazing Wedding Cakes once).

You can't tell entirely from my picture, but what mainly brought me to Nerdfighters was this notecard I found in the copy of "An Abundance of Katherines" I bought from Barnes & Noble. The notecard was written by a girl named Sara who encouraged me to come here. I thought this was pretty great, and felt like she deserved some recognition. So, thanks Sara!

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service