Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 53990

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

*tiny waves* Hi newly joined although not completely new to Nerdfighteria since I started watching Vlogbrothers videos in early 2010 (although I can't remember what led me to them) but I've kind of been a lurking nerdfighter more than an active one and that sucks really.

I'm haling from the Kingdom that is United and I am massive Tamora Pierce fan (which I'm finding makes me somewhat of a rarity in the UK since basically no one I've ever met has even heard of her, let alone read one of her books). Of course Harry Potter made my childhood and even 10 years after my 11th birthday I'm *still* waiting for that letter - I'm positive that my owl just got seriously lost :P

So if there's any UK folk who also love Tammy P (hell anyone who loves her books) I am always amenable to nerding out about her books. Super excited to be here, Night folks! 

Ello. My name is Rachel, but most people call me Kitty. I'm 18 and I live in Florida (the state with the bipolar weather). I just joined this website yesterday, but I've been following Hank and John for a year or so on youtube. So I wouldn't consider myself a new nerdfighter. I've been a nerd ever since elementary school. (Yes, yes. I was the teacher's pet. Sorta still am.) Uhm, I am obsessed with steampunk, sci-fi, and fantasy. I couldn't live without music. If music were to disappear in this world, I would start searching through wardrobes to escape to Narnia. I'm an avid reader (Harry Potter forever! And the Inheritance Cycle is just awesomeness!). And I wish my computer wasn't such a slow dinosaur so I could download Portal and Amnesia on it. Overall, I'm mainly a creative individual who aspires to become an author some day in the future. So yeah, that's enough about me.

I'm so ecstatic to be here fellow nerdfighters! DFTBA!

hi, good, another person who knows what steam punk is. i hate it when im talking about all my nerdy love and they just stare at me blankly.

i agree with your view on music[ it always puzles me when life dont have back groud music]

and a writer is a wonderful thing to want to be.

welcome to nerd fighters : )

Oh! So I'm not the only one who talks about steampunk and gets those what-the-heck-are-you-rambling-about looks. Thank goodness.

Background music in real life would be so epic.

And thanks for welcome. :D Much appreciated, aj.

hey, sence you like writing and steam punk, i know a radio acting group who is looking for a lot of steam punk scrips. im doing some writing for them now. if you could contribut a script it would be well come, this is a out line of what they want from nerdfighters

http://nerdfighters.ning.com/group/writernerdfigthers/forum/topics/...

i hope you can do it,

Oh, that sounds really interesting! I'll definite look into it and try to come up with something! Although, I don't write in script form well. But hey, its a learning experience.

Thank you very much for the link.

welcome Joshua.  i love those moments. 

Hello! Thanks for the welcome! :)

Hello,

I'm Natalia, I am 16 and a self-proclaimed nerd. In elementary school, I was the child that all of the decepticons used as their personal encyclopedia and I have been a wealth of homework information since forever. I love Harry Potter and the land of Elyon and Nancy Drew and any mystery or science fiction book. My favorite author is Madeline L'Engle, the author of A Wrinkle in Time. I love Mayday Parade and any similar bands and any alternative rock music. I started playing violin at the age of 3 and 1/2 and quit at the age of 11to persue singing. I am a swimmer (the only sport I've found that doesn't require a ton of running or land in general) and a drama nerd for life. I am also a Girl Scout and a camp counselor at my local Girl Scout camp, which is closing at the end of this year, where I aquired the nickname Twiggy. My nickname Nattie came from the failure of anyone at my school to remember my real name and Purple is what one of my friends calls me because of my obsession with the color purple (like the actual color).I found the vlogbrothers' videos a while ago when I was obsessively watching charlieissocoollike, but I did not start my "watch every video" venture until about a month ago. I already like this community and I hope to become an active member of the ning.

Thank you for listening to me ramble

Sincerely,

Natalia/ Nattie/ Purple/ Twiggy

welcome to the ning o ye of many names.

Hi Natalia!

Mayday Parade is a great band. I love their song "Black Cat." And its great to know there is person who stal-- uhm, I mean watches charlieissocoollike too. @.@

Anywho, I wish you the warmest welcome!

Hola!

I'm Lucy! I've been a Nerdfighter (and a very devoted one-- currently wearing my Pizza John shirt) since April this year. Decided it was high time I made a profile here so... ta-da!

I'd love some fellow Nerdfighter friends! Feel free to say hi here, or at my tumblr :) http://schmutzonthemirror.tumblr.com/

Best wishes! :D

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2015   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service