Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 51922

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm Brittany. My sister posted a video on my fb page titled "On Cuties and Cooties." Of course I had to watch it, and that was my introduction into nerdfighteria. I'm from Los Angeles and love all that is Harry Potter, Star Trek, Sherlock, Merlin etc. I LOVE LiverpoolFC, the LA Galaxy and reading mystery/sci fi/fantasy books (basically anything that can take me on an incredible adventure). I also horseback ride and SCUBA dive and love love love to bungee jump. 

I am going to graduate from college this June! Woot Woot! 

Please be my friend =] I love adventure and new experiences!

welcome Brittany!  is your sister a Nerdfighter as well?  is she on the ning?

She is, but i dont know if she has made an account yet. It is currently finals week for both of us and I am just a better procrastinator.

i know the feeling.  sure you can both blow them out of the water

thanks! I should probably start studying though... 

might be good.  i was recently advised, that especially when you have multiple things that need to get done, the best way not to procrastinate is to put the unpleasant stuff first and just force yourself through them, as a big part of putting things off, is the fact that you continue to think something along the lines of, bleh, i still have to _________ which makes you want to do it less, the longer you think about not wanting to do it.

Totally. I just keep telling myself "I will be done in 1 week. I will be done in 1 week." It has become my mantra.

ok, nerd moment...as if every waking moment weren't :D

i love how you used mantra just there, as we're kinda on the subject of how our thoughts, feelings and words all shape each other.  using a word with the root meaning of 'thought form' to describe how you're trying to use your time frame to influence your thinking and attitude is just fantastic.

hahah this is what my everyday dialogue consists of. I have had people I know come up to me randomly and say "how do you sound so smart?" I don't want to sound like a pretentious jerk by saying that, but I usually don't know what to say. I usually just end up saying "I like words" or "I read." Their response, "Oh... I don't like to read." This is where I would like to say "No sh*t, Sherlock."

Note: The people that ask are not smart.

Are you kidding?! I can't wait to enter the real world. I am seriously sick of being judged on how smart I am by multiple choice tests!! I suck at them and the real world doesn't judge you by how you bubble in a,b,c or d. Anyways.. =] I hope to get an entry level position in a Studio. WB, Universal, etc. 

What are your plans?

Ya, I go to a pretty big university so professors usually do like to grade 300-600 papers. 

You don't have to tell me twice. That's why I'm excited to leave and show the world what I really have to offer :)

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service