Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 50901

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi!

So, my name's Brendan, and I'm a 16-year old from New Jersey.

I got introduced to Nerdfighteria by my younger sister, obviously also a Nerdfighter. I joined Nerfighteria because it seems like the most intelligent online community I've ever seen, and all of the members are an extremely active and diverse bunch. It's great that such a unique group like this exists.

I'm mostly into Doctor Who, Firefly, Star Wars, and Harry Potter. My favorite book is a tie between Marucs Zusak's I Am the Messenger and The Lord of the Rings.

I've recently acquired a taste in dubstep. If anybody would shoot me a good song here and there i'd really appreciate it. So, yeah, pleased to meet you all.

Welcome Brendan!  so you said your sister is a Nerdfigher, is she on the site as well?

Yes I did. But she has not yet friended me, so I don't know her username.

heh, heh.  happens.  she might be having trouble finding you, unless she knows yours... a lot of Nerdfighters join every day.

Hello! My name is Emilia.

Alright, I'm a bit old to be just joining up and I am so sad to say I just recently learned about nerdfighters because this kind of website and all of the vlogbrothers' videos would have been a perfect addition to my teenage years. I'm 21 and a future English teacher in New England. I read Looking For Alaska earlier this year because one of the students I am tutoring wanted to read it. In being a good teacher, I started looking for good external (technology) sources of instruction. I subsequently found the vlogbrothers channel and this website. I joined a while ago so I could start playing around with it and show it off to my student.

But, honestly... everything I've seen looks like too much fun and my interests are matched everywhere. As for my interests I've been a Ravenclaw since I was 9, Doctor Who makes my hearts beat, Sherlock is brilliant (even though DAMN YOU, MOFFAT!), and I'm a tribute! (hell, I even wrote my undergraduate thesis--a really REALLY long research project--on dystopian literature and used THG in it). I also read/watch a lot of other things but those seem most relevant here. 

Well that's enough about me.. I'm mostly just here to say hello and to have more of the nerdy conversations I used to have on LJ communities back in the day. :)

hello Emilia (i really love that name btw)

welcome to the ning!

21 is hardly old... well, one hopes you wouldn't still be attending Hogwarts...but seriously, you're a baby by Time Lord standards. 

i do enjoy a good dystopia  and eutopias too, because we should always be hopeful... i know he touched on it again on their main channel, but did you happen to catch Hank's first Hunger Games video on his personal chan from the other day?

thanks! it's lovely to be here.

I'm no longer attending hogwarts but perhaps they'll hire me to teach there soon. Is that what the Doctor is always on about? So much life to live, etc, etc. He's giving me ear-ache.

I didn't catch that video, actually. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the rec!

well yeah 90 decades to your two...  and one is glad to be of service.

speaking of, are you finding your way around this website?

Helllooooo, so glad I found this AMAZING place. I draw, I write...and I read a lot of books. Chameleon Circtuit and AVPM are what I live by...musicmusicmusic is everything. Part of the Nermie Army, I'm Sherlocked (AAGHHH MOFFAT), a Tribute, part of Hogwarts and I will one day be The Doctor's companion. I think that's all you need to know...

welcome!

so, i take it you found out about Nerdfighteria through nerimon?

Ello there! I'm Joe, I just joint today and already i've spoken to some really fun and interesting people! Just making my introduction official here! :D

welcome Joe!  sure you'll continue to meet awesome people.

so...how did you find out about Nerdfighteria?

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service