Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 54182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello fellow nerd fighters, people call me Squ33k.

I'm 18 years old.

I love watch old movies, drawing, and getting lost on the internet.

I enjoy reading comics, manga, Shakespeare and anything horror or SF.

Also studying to be an archeologist :)

welcome!  can relate to meandering online... totally how i discovered Nerdfighteria!

Hello,

My name is Shayna, I found out about Nerdfighters through tumblr and followed it to youtube, where I am still trying to catch up on all the vids. I am a folklorist. I love sci-fi and fantasy, also knowing random things and learning (I really enjoy research). I have a tendency to fall in and out of fandoms frequently and consume a wide variety of media including both anime and comics. I am a writer. I joined Nerdfighteria because I am away from all my geek friends, and always want more anyway.

there are a lot.  and that's just the main chan.  anyway, welcome to the ning Shayna!  i know what you mean about multiple fandoms and interests.

welcome!  that is quite the list...  how did you find (out about) the Green brothers/Nerdfighters?  was it becasue of your youtube chan?

he'll do that...

talk about Doctor Who, do (silly) stuff at vidcon and (by mentioning and increasing their appearances in your recommendations) lead you to John and Hank.

btw, have you checked out the Charlie group?

heh  i'm all for quests but shortcuts can be nice.

don't worry about it.  lots of us are bad at introductions.  you're off to a great start.

Hello, This is very strange for me to be doing because I normally just lurk places. I found out about Hankgames through a friend and thought that it was fun. Then I ran into the Miracle of Swindon Town and got hooked. In the last week I've read looking for Alaska, The fault in Our Stars and have ordered Paper Towns. I also have started watching Brotherhood 2.0, there is a lot to catch up on. Watching TV and reading are some of my favorite activities, as well as writing but I'm kind of terrified of getting started with that. I'm really excited to join in this amazing community and maybe I can help decrease some world suck.

sure you can.  there are a few discussions on the subject, there are projects like the Nerdfighter group on Kiva.  and there's just remembering to be a good person.

Hello, I'm Stephen, I have a music venue in Indianapolis, IN called Hoosier Dome.  I love b-movies and pizza.  Oh yeah and playing lots of board games on the weekends.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2015   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service