Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 54518

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello all!

I found vlogbrothers, and by extension Crash Course and SciShow, about three months ago and have been enjoying them greatly.  I am very much a nerd with my preferred topics being computers and SciFi.

Hi there Dan, and welcome to the Ning!

How you liking the place so far? :D

welcome Dan!

following any good science fiction at the moment?

Hi there! I found vlogbrothers a few weeks ago, signed up for this site last week, and figured I should introduce myself. I'm very nerdy, spending most of my time reading and obsessing and attempting to teach people I know things I think are interesting. (It doesn't usually work so well.) 

Hi Kat, and welcome to the Ning!

Enjoying the Nerdfighteria experience, I hope? :)

welcome to the ning Kat!

wouldn't it be grand if teaching didn't require them to be interested too :D

Hey, guys! :)

I admit I 've been registered here for a couple of months now, but never found the time to, like, explore things... Actually now is not the best time for it either because I have my final exams is five days and then I'll be done with highschool :O

Okay, anyway, I'm Helena, I'm from Austria, and I've actually been a nerdfighter for about a year already.. I started reading John Green's books about two years ago and loved them. Half a year ago I started watching vlogbrothers regularly.

What makes me a nerd:

- I love Harry Potter, HP fanfiction, The Hunger Games, Jane Austen, John Green (hehe) and many many many more...

- I get awfully excited about new books or movies that come out that I want to see.

- One of my goals is to watch all af the old vlogbrothers videos that I missed. I've seen about 250 all together. So that's going to take a while ;)

- I LOVE Taylor Swift!! Now, I know, some might say that that's mainstream, but in Europe/Austria, it's not. I mean, everyone knows her, but she has by far not as many fans as in America.

DFTBA, everyone ;)

(sorry about any grammar mistakes, English is not my first language :S)

Well then, a belated welcome to the Ning, Helena XD

indeed

do you remember how you found John's books?

God, i love john's books!! I acually wrote a fifteen page paper about them for my final exam and I'll be questioned about them on thursday :)

actually, i suppose i did pull off a simmilar move. 

of course, i meant: how did you discover/ find out about the books.

Hello everyone! :)

I've been on here a while, and watching the Vlogbrothers for a couple years, but I guess I never took the time to really delve into online connections until lately. I just recently started vlogging as well, and would love to make some new friends and contacts. I want to spend more time in the future volunteering, creating, and doing what I can to make this planet we call home a better place... as well as do some self improvement along the way (they go hand in hand really, don't they?) I'm hoping to connect with others out there that are interested in doing the same, and I know Nerdfighteria has been a sort of a hub for that!

I love to read, paint, sew, craft, play video games... as well as go outside and do some hiking, swimming, or hula hooping! My interests are pretty broad, really. Just about anything can spark my curiosity when put in front of me...

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2015   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service