Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 54185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

nifty

Hi Emily, and welcome to the Ning! :D

Enjoying the place I bet? :)

Hello all!

I found vlogbrothers, and by extension Crash Course and SciShow, about three months ago and have been enjoying them greatly.  I am very much a nerd with my preferred topics being computers and SciFi.

Hi there Dan, and welcome to the Ning!

How you liking the place so far? :D

welcome Dan!

following any good science fiction at the moment?

Hi there! I found vlogbrothers a few weeks ago, signed up for this site last week, and figured I should introduce myself. I'm very nerdy, spending most of my time reading and obsessing and attempting to teach people I know things I think are interesting. (It doesn't usually work so well.) 

Hi Kat, and welcome to the Ning!

Enjoying the Nerdfighteria experience, I hope? :)

welcome to the ning Kat!

wouldn't it be grand if teaching didn't require them to be interested too :D

Hey, guys! :)

I admit I 've been registered here for a couple of months now, but never found the time to, like, explore things... Actually now is not the best time for it either because I have my final exams is five days and then I'll be done with highschool :O

Okay, anyway, I'm Helena, I'm from Austria, and I've actually been a nerdfighter for about a year already.. I started reading John Green's books about two years ago and loved them. Half a year ago I started watching vlogbrothers regularly.

What makes me a nerd:

- I love Harry Potter, HP fanfiction, The Hunger Games, Jane Austen, John Green (hehe) and many many many more...

- I get awfully excited about new books or movies that come out that I want to see.

- One of my goals is to watch all af the old vlogbrothers videos that I missed. I've seen about 250 all together. So that's going to take a while ;)

- I LOVE Taylor Swift!! Now, I know, some might say that that's mainstream, but in Europe/Austria, it's not. I mean, everyone knows her, but she has by far not as many fans as in America.

DFTBA, everyone ;)

(sorry about any grammar mistakes, English is not my first language :S)

Well then, a belated welcome to the Ning, Helena XD

indeed

do you remember how you found John's books?

God, i love john's books!! I acually wrote a fifteen page paper about them for my final exam and I'll be questioned about them on thursday :)

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2015   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service