Nerdfighters

This is the official introduction post! If you're new feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself like how you got introduced to nerdfighters or what makes you a nerd.

On behalf of all the ningmasters we welcome you to the site! Check out the general information page and FAQ page if you have questions or message a ningmaster.

once this post gets too many replies it'll be closed and a new one will be created.

Views: 51619

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, a little over a month now :)

welcome Chloe.  generally one thinks of people compromising aspects of their personality to avoid the nerd label... so, huzzah for progress...i guess

Yeah.. that is a good point, being 'nerdy' does come with certain stigmas!! I suppose it's dependant on whom you are talking about! seeing as being 'nerdy' seems to be a fashion statement at the moment, I constantly see people saying they are 'nerds' because they have read one book or watched a series of dr who.. But I suppose, if you want to be a nerd you can, that's what's great about this place, they pretty much accept everyone!

indeed

Apparently I should introduce myself here, so hello!  I'm Erin, an American nerdfighter.  I found out about vlogbrothers about a year ago, although I had initially heard Hank's Harry Potter music on that Helping Haiti Heal podcast a year before that.  That introduction to Hank Green was also my first experience with wizard rock, so I have a lot to thank the nerdfighter world for.  I am in every way a nerd, and like things such as Doctor Who and Harry Potter and Merlin and Sherlock and Downton Abbey and a billion other British things.  I'm also a writer and an artist, although not in the sense that I have published anything or have had anything I've created seen by anyone but my own friends.  So yeah, that's me.  This place is cool.  Bye.

Hi Erin, and welcome to the Ning! :D

How you liking the place so far? :)

It's pretty cool, thanks for asking!  It's a great extension to the vlogbrothers world.

welcome Erin.  not that it's a huge deal, but if you don't mind my asking, why are you just now joining?

Well, I had just never really been on this website, despite that they mention it so frequently in videos.  I don't really know why I never bothered to come see this, but I just...didn't.  I dunno.

it's awesome that you're here now, whatever the case.

Yeah, I agree, this place is brilliant!

Hi! I finally decided to join, after lurking about on here to see what it was like. I found vlogbrothers through SciShow and Crash Course, and I was officially addicted. People on the internet who I don't already know and sound a lot like me! Huzzah! I really like it here. I look forward to spending time on here, having discussions and whatnot. :D

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service