Nerdfighters

I registered early for Pottermore and heard that JK Rowling had made a Sorting Hat quiz for it, and you're stuck with the house you're sorted into.  Is anyone else nervous that they won't get the house they felt they belonged in?  I have tons of Ravenclaw merch and it'd really suck if I got into Gryffindor, Slytherin, or Hufflepuff.  The Sorting Hat considers your choice as well, but I'm still a little nervous. Though, I am quite excited to see what house I'm sorted in.  Especially since JK Rowling made the quiz herself.  Any other opinions?

Tags: gyrffindor, harry, hat, hufflepuff, jk, potter, pottermore, ravenclaw, rowling, slytherin, More…sorting

Views: 11786

Replies to This Discussion

I spent most of my life blindly associating with Gryffindor. Last year, I started to question that. I was pretty torn between Gryffindor and Slytherin. After getting sorted by Pottermore, I am now a proud Slytherin!

I was really surprised when I joined Pottermore and was sorted into Ravenclaw. I'd never really considered it before, even though when I learned about Ravenclaw house when I was little and just starting to get into Harry Potter, I instantly wanted to be one.

For quite a few years I'd considered myself to be a Hufflepuff, I identified with Hufflepuffs so perfectly. I was obsessed with the idea of being a Hufflepuff and the honey badgers and the color scheme of yellow and black.

But I've had time to adjust and can finally say that without a doubt, the Sorting Hat sorted me right. At first I felt even a little angry, but I've come to realize that it was the right choice. I'm a Ravenclaw through and through.

I have always been a Slytherin in my mind, and gladly wound up there!

I got Hufflepuff... I am NOT a Hufflepuff! I'm a Slytherclaw! First Ravenclaw, then Slytherin, then Gryffindor, then Hufflepuff! I mean, nothing against Hufflepuff (dun dun dun dun HONEY BADGER) but it's just not me.

At first, I was sooooo disappointed I got into Hufflepuff because nothing happens in hufflepuff besides one of us dying, But i've learned to embrace my inner Hufflepuff, because Wizard God herself has chosen this for me. My name Is Kayley, and i'm a proud Hufflepuff!

and a particularly good finder :)

It put me in Ravenclaw! I swear I was so nervous throughout but I'm happy with ma house. :D

I found that in most cases you get the house you think you'll be in. I took the quiz hoping to get into Slytherin and that's the one I was sorted into. 

I'm in Beta and I got sorted into Slytherin, even though ever since I read the books I thought I was a Ravenclaw.  At first I was a bit disappointed by this, but a few things have gotten me by:

One - It's the internet, not the real sorting hat.  Yes, JK Rowling designed the online sorting hat, but that doesn't mean you have to agree with what it says.  Whichever house you think you belong to most should be your house.

Two - Combine them.  Yes, in the books this is highly impossible, but in the movies there's Bem!  The kid who went from being a Gryffindor in PoA to a Ravenclaw in OotP.  

Three: find a quote that makes you comfortable being a *insert house here* For me, I've combined myself into a Slytherclaw because of Salvador Dali's quote: Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings.  I'm intelligent, but I also have a ton of ambition and therefore see myself as a mixture of the two.

Hope this helps!

I suspected it would be either Ravenclaw or Griffindor. I ended up in Ravenclaw. It's not as glamorous as Griffindor, but I'm happy with it. We have awesome colors (blue is my favorite), and an awesome mascot. And while Luna is a bit...wacky...she is quite intelligent and does some important things in the books so we aren't poorly represented, in my opinion.

The quiz isn't very obvious at all. It's really confusing. There will be one or two questions with very obvious answers as to what house they represent, but all in all, it's pretty dang vague.

I was sorted in the right house, SLYTHERIN ;)

I was scared I wasn't going to be Ravenclaw, I knew some of my answers did lean toward Hufflepuff and Gryphondore, and a bit of Slytherin but I am a Ravenclaw. So all is as I would have it.

I was Beta and sorted into Ravenclaw and I´m very pleased of that.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service