I'm part of a collab channel in which I post my reviews of fantasy books on Thursdays.
(Shameless Self-Promotion)

And so I would like to know what fantasy books nerfighters recommend!
It can be anything at all, in terms of fantasy. Vampire, werewolf, faery, plain ol' magic.
The particular sub-category matters not.

So, what do you like?

Tags: book, fantasy, review, youtube

Views: 60

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

When I was little I read a lot of Tamora Pierce (still unsure of the spelling). My favorite was the Trickster books but her Immortal series was also very enthralling. Wild Magic and Wolf-Speaker are the first two. I am sure someone has already said Harry Potter because those are the most awesome fantasy books.
It's spelled right. :)
Don't forget the original Lioness quartet. Alanna pwns.
The "Protector of the Small" is my favorite series by Tamora Pierce. Keladry rocks.
fantasy books...
which pretty much equal life. :)
I would recommend A Great and Terrible Beauty and its corresponding novels, as well as The Books of Pellinor, which include The Naming, The Riddle, The Crow, and The Singing (this last one is only out in the UK and Australia for the moment, but you can get it shipped overseas no problem.)
Also I just began the Mortal Instruments series, which begins with City of Bones. I've only read the first out of three available novels, but I was completely hooked.
Obviously Harry Potter is boss. So I don't really need to mention the utter awesomeness of the series, but I will anyway :)
Hope that helped!
Oh and I can't forget Sabriel, Lireal, and Abhorson. Amazing books.
Actually, the "Halo" book series is really goood, but thats SCI-fi...: ) the only fantasy i have really read was the Narnia series, so yea...hope i helped a scosh
Priestess of the White by Trudi Canavan, and that whole series. canavan is a fantastic fantasy novelist. I also reccomend The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud and that trilogy!
gregory maguire, he is the author of wicked, i haven actually read his books but i started "Wicked" and I thought it was intresting
I second Juliet Marillier, both for her Sevenwaters saga and the Bridei Chronicles. If you want some fantastic fantasy for mature readers, Anne Bishop's Black Jewels books are absolutely riveting (Daughter of the Blood being the first). O.R. Melling does a nice modern Irish faerie trilogy, and Tam Lin by Pamela Dean is a great retelling of an old Irish ballad. Those are the ones I can think of for now, and they are all some of my favourites.
The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan is really good.
I'd recommend The Night Watch trilogy by Sergei Lukyanenko.
I think it's really well written and so much better than the movies. Obviously. :P
Try the Gemma Doyle triology by Libba Bray: A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels, and The Sweet Far Thing. They are very good books.

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2015   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service