Nerdfighters

I'm part of a collab channel in which I post my reviews of fantasy books on Thursdays.
(Shameless Self-Promotion)

And so I would like to know what fantasy books nerfighters recommend!
It can be anything at all, in terms of fantasy. Vampire, werewolf, faery, plain ol' magic.
The particular sub-category matters not.

So, what do you like?

Tags: book, fantasy, review, youtube

Views: 41

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Faerie. and Vampire. and magic. neil gaiman did a book called m is for magic that was wonderful. and o.r. melling did amazing fantasy books. i have been reading lots of great vampire stories lately (thanks to all the nfs who posted on my vampire books thread!) that can here http://nerdfighters.ning.com/forum/topics/looking-for-vampire
I never get tired of mentioning The Earthsea Triolgy by Ursula LeGuin.
YES.
Honestly anything written by LeGuin is fabulous, she is made of awesome.
Agree.
DEFINITELY check out Piers Anthony's work.

I have almost all of his books, and they're all so well written.

He does fantasy and sci-fi.
Piers Anthony is definitely awesome. Bio of a Space Tyrant is one of the best sci-fi series I've ever read and Killobyte was fantastic.
Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison - urban fantasy, including witches, vampires, werewolves, etc.. it's very witty, kick-ass action packed, and interesting character developments.

Peter and the Starcatchers

A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore

Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray
Ooh, I love the Gemma Doyle trilogy! Great pick.

Another great one from Christopher Moore is "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal."
The Chronicles of the Cheysuli by Jennifer Roberson.

Amazing.
Anything by Terry Pratchett - his books are hilarious and very smart.
That's so true ! After all, he's the one who wrote "Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."
I would also recommend the whole work of Robin Hobb ! You can begin with the fareseer's trilogy (but I warn you, once you start, it's impossible to stop reading !)

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service