Nerdfighters

Why are roses stereotyped (is that the right word?) the way that they are? Why is giving someone one red rose a cliche? How do you reciprocate the emotions and feelings that come with giving a red rose?

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Sarah,

I've just changed this post to the Debates, Intellectual Discourse, and Current Events category. Seems more fitting ;)

Good luck,
Aaron

haha, thanks :) I'm kinda new to this whole thing :)

In Medieval Europe, before the discovery of orchids, roses were the most prized and beautiful flower around. Later, a flower was one of the few prudent ways a gentleman could initiate courtship with a lady. And supposedly, roses used to smell really nice. Today they are bred bigger, prettier, but the smell is weaker, or something like that... It's a trade-off. Personally I don't think they smell anything special at all. I suppose the thorns play a part, as love can just readily hurt you. Red is propably the "color" of love because love is associated with the heart, and blood is red.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service