Our English teacher, the wonderful woman she is *cough* who loves to go in depth and examine the symbolism and language in Shakespeare *cough* and certainly prefers the old movie of Romeo and Juliet to the one with Leonardo de Caprio *cough* and does not ever give us busy work nor pointless assignments *cough* has assigned us to pick five scenes from Romeo and Juliet, pick songs that represent them, and write a paragraph for each.
Can all you nerdfighters please help me find some songs? I will be eternally grateful!
Here are some basic hopefully nonspoilerific descriptions of some of the scenes.
1.(Act I, Scene II) Emotastic song about someone in love with a girl who doesn't love them back... references to locking himself in his room and crying would be good.
2. (Act II, Scene II) The balcony scene, forbidden love, romance, etc. etc.
3. (Act III, Scene I) Fight scene, people die, etc.
4. (Act IV, Scene I) Basically: I would do anything but leave you, Romeo, my love!
5. (Act IV, Scene V) Family finds a certain heroine "dead", despair, etc.
6. (Act V, Scene III) Tragic ending scene with everyone dieing/killing themselves after seeing someone else dead/people coming together after the tragedy despite their history
If you have any songs that you like and that could fit another scene of the play, please tell me the name! :)