Nerdfighters

in this game you make a quote or statement from a book or movie.
(so this could include a character name, place, or thing that would be decipherable)
and then you guess what book or movie it came from and give your own clue.
ready and go!

"im glad she's a girl. and i hope she'll be a fool.... thats the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool."
(book)

Tags: books, fun, games, movies

Views: 880

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sweeny Todd!

"I remember...the alamo"

Pee Wee!

"They changed, even as we fought them. Like shadows they were, that can transform as the flame dances. Never underestimate them because of what you first see."

(Book)

The Way of Kings? If so, than I love you.

"Of course he has chosen a mistress to whom he has made his vows, and who, though ugly to others, is always lovely to him; though polluted in the sight of the world, is chaste in his sight. I mean the harlot Slavery."

Speech. Is that allowed? :3

Charles Sumner, who got beaten up for this speech.

"To define is to limit." (book)

exchange between Marco and the Penguin; a Batman Comic!

"The years roll by without you M-----, 17 have come and gone, I've raised our S----- with the best intentions; but there is something i can't tell her, I am lost without you here. I AM ONLY LIVING OUT A LIE!"

(movie; musical)

I believe that that is E. L. Doctorow's Ragtime by Harold Bloom.
At a certain season of our life we are accustomed to consider every spot as the possible site of a house.
Book
Where I Lived and What I Lived For? Pretty sure that's it

"He made his way, companionless, to the end
of the second league. Utterly lightless, black.
There was nothing behind or before, nothing at all."
(book)

would that be the Epic of Gilgamesh?

"Ther was a knyght, that loved and dede his peyne

to serve a lady in his beste wise" 

Poem

The Franklin's Tale- The Canterbury Tales

"You already got bone structure. When I was your age I didn't have no bone structure. Took me years to get bone structure. And don't think bone structure's not important. People didn't decide to call me "Mademoiselle" until I was seventeen and getting a little bone structure."

(Film)

paper moon wow what a great film I really need to see it again

Behind every great fortune, there is a crime    (film)

Honore de Balzac said that. I do not know what film that is from but otherwise, I don't know. Are you sure it is a film?

anyway, if that isn't it, please tell me.

"Before you answer that, are you a fan of delicious flavor?"   tv show

Psych, right? Ahh, pineapple upside-down cake.

"AUTOBOTS, ROLL OUT!"

(Movie)

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service