Nerdfighters

This is the e-mail I sent John on 9 August.
I just got a great idea...
Well, I thought it was great...

Okay, so I'm on Skype with Katie the Ningmaster and a few others. I asked one of them who'd just entered the chat how they were and he said "I'm well. Also hungry. How are you?" And I said "I'm hungry and well, too. Let's meet up at IHOP, cha?"

And then we started wishing that we lived closer together so we could do stuff like that. Someone said we should all move to Chicago and call it Nerdfighter Town. That's great and all, but because you're writing a book on deserted islands... all the Nerdfighters should pitch together money so we can buy a deserted island and then you could use it for research and it could be named Nerdfighteria and then we could all live there and it would be made of awesome... I'm like extremely excited about this. Hence the run-on sentence. Let me know what you think!

Darting Fervently Towards [a] Better Area,
MEEG-dah-lah veh-RED

C'mon Nerdfighters. How bloody cool would that be if we actually did that? I know it'd take time and effort. Some of us might even die out before it comes real. But I'm incredibly enthusiastic that it can happen. If you believe it can happen, then it can. What do you say? Want to make it real? Yeah? No? Thoughts?

Think of it... What started as a yearlong project between brothers turns into a web sensation, turns into a worldwide community, turns into an actual place you can visit.

Please don't be mean to me... I only had a dream.

PS- I'm looking for private islands for sale, lovies.

PSS- http://www.facebook.com/groups/create.php?success=1&customize&a...

Tags: island, nerdfighteria, reality

Views: 1720

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am all for the formation of Nerfighteria as a country in its own right. Hank and John would be our kind Emperors, loved and worshipped by all Nerdfighters. We would have our own army devoted to defending our beautiful nation from lame and enforcing awesomeness. Unfortunately, when there is power, there are those who wish to claim it for themselves. There would be a mass uprising of those who call themselves Geekwarriors, the Decepticons of our race. They would attempt to overthrow our idolised leaders and take the thrones for themselves, resulting in an epic battle that would become legend. The Nerdfighters would prevail, of course, defeating the Geekwarriors and restoring peace to all of Nerdfighteria once and for all. The Emperors of Nerdfighteria could then hold a grand ball in celebration of our victory where we would rejoice and happy dance until we could dance no more!

Oh, it could be so awesome.
O.O
That would be great, terrible and awesome. Yay your mind!
As stated before, Hank and John wouldn't be treated any different than anyone else, and it's already assumed that Nerdfighteria would be a republic, not a dictatorship.
I love this story except for one part, but I don't think we should be looking for Decepticons within our own. John often talks about an "Us without a them" and this feels like looking for a them. Plus I think Geekwarriors is an awesome term and I want to use it for myself without it being tainted ;-)
Still fun story, I'd love to see it further developed into more than just a brief paragraph.
I could be our official Nerdfighteria Star Wars expert! :D Everyone with me say "AYE!"
Nay.
}8¬P
Possible islands:

Narara Island
Size: 112.69 acres.
Climate: 25 to 27 °C average.
Price: Unconfirmed.
________________________________________________________________________________________
Isola Bdellii

Size: approx. 420 acres.
Price: EUR 4,500,000.
Climate: N/A.
Already has two buildings, good value!
________________________________________________________________________________________
Sanda Island

Size: approx. 400 acres.
Price: On request.
Contains hill farm.
Foster Island

Size: approx. 300 acres.
Price: US $ 1,900,000. (Plus transfer costs)
CONSERVASION WILL ONLY ALLOW FIVE HOUSES TO BE BUILT ON THIS ISLAND.
Mouton Island

Size: approx. 988 acres + 186 acres of mainland.
Price: US $ 3,500,000 (Plus transfer costs)
Climate: Between 18 and 30 degrees Celsius.

Which is best? Answer my poll to find out.
Mouton Island! Big, quite flat, has water source and great size/price ratio.
I agree. It's cheaper than Isola Bdellii and larger too.
Same here, although I thought some choice should be available, so I chose the largest islands from a bunch of regions (and one from somebodies earlier post) and drew up a comparison. It's good to see that people are voting though.
I'm with Runek on that one.
i'm just wondering but has anyone messaged john and hank to look at theis thread?

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2015   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service