Nerdfighters

The Nerdfighter Ning's Hallowen Costume Competition 2012!

Ladies and gentlemem, llamas and giraffes, nerdfighters. 

Welcome to the (now) annual Halloween costume Competition 2012!

Halloween's spirit is felt everywhere and it didn't skip us for a mere second. It hit us blasting full speed in the face, and it gave us an idea.

A costume competition!

If you have the coolest Halloween costume this year,why not try your luck and sign up to the competition?

Surprising prizes from DFTBA.com are guranteed for the winners!

Rules:

-A failure to adhere to these rules may result in disqualification from the contest. Anything deemed to be a serious violation of these rules or an obvious form of cheating will result in a permanent ban from the contest, all future contests held on the ning and potentially a suspension from the site.

-All entries MUST be submitted by the 3rd of November at 22:00 GMT. Late entries will be removed. Voting will close on the 10th of November at 22:00 GMT. The winner will be announced on the 20th of November, so remember to check the homepage. The winners will also be contacted privately by a ningmaster, to arrange the receiving of their prize.

-We’re not exactly expecting you to weave and dye your own fabric, but we are looking for creativity here. No buying from a shop or finding an image online! To ensure that entries are unique, we will require at least one photo of you in your costume holding a sign stating “Nerdfighter Costume Contest 2012” alongside your username in clear lettering. Oh, and keep it PG-13! Yes, that's right, you're going to have to take your "slutty pineapple" somewhere else.

-Entries must be submitted through the ning website, rather than any other social networks. This can be done by clicking on the “Halloween Competition” tab at the top of the page and posting a new discussion with the images of your costume.

-Each user is permitted only ONE entry which should be presented in ONE discussion pos. You are allowed to include TWO images of your costume, one including the “Nerdfighter Costume Contest 2012” placard and ONE without. Try to take a well-lit full-length photograph, however, we are aware that this is not a photography competition.

-Each user will be permitted one vote (no creating alt accounts and NO voting for yourself). Voting can be done by leaving ONE reply on your favourite costume. If you post a reply on more than one image, either make it clear which comment is your actual vote or your vote will not be counted. You can cast your vote whenever you like, but you might want to wait until all the entries have been submitted. To change your vote before the deadline, remove your reply before voting has closed and post a new reply.

-Please no soliciting for votes in the chat room. Anyone caught doing this is putting themselves at risk of suspension from chat and potentially disqualification from the competition. Feel free, however, to use your own social networks (such as tumblr, twitter or facebook), to share the competition.

-Sorry, newbies, but in order to prevent people creating multiple accounts to vote, if your account is under 3 weeks old then your vote will not be counted unless you have sought out special permission from a ningmaster.

If you have any more questions regarding the rules\ way of posting \ way of voting \ ETC, feel free to comment on this discussion.

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor!

DFTBA!

Yours truly,

The Nerdfighter Ning's Admin Council

Views: 535

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

by  "No buying from a shop" what do you mean? I'd love to participate but if you could go into more detail that would be great. Like, I was thinking of making a Mantis Man costume and I have one of the limited edition portal guns that went on sale a while ago, would I get banned for doing that?

Certainly not lol. It means if you went out and bought a Dracula costume and put that on, and then used that as your entry for example.

Hello im trying to figure out how to join this costume "I'm new and don't know what to do"

Hi. I just wanted to know when the winners are announced. It's been a week since the official ending of the contest.
Thanks.
Tom

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service