Nerdfighters

I've always wanted to write a book but the thing is I can't come up with a solid plot! Any tips? 

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Write down all the ideas you get and flesh them out as much as possible. I suggest at least a paragraph or two for each idea. I have about three or four full notebooks with just ideas (some of them don't even make sense, like the ones I get from dreams). One day they will form into a great work of art. I suggest keeping them organized by genre or something, as I find it difficult to read everything I have just for a bit of inspiration.

If you've got a good idea for one after you've fleshed it out enough.. Let it sit in your mind and try to let the story play through in your head, think of every scenario your characters could possibly encounter.. Sometimes it helps to visit events that take place before the story.

Sure thing! Feel free to message me if you have any other questions. (:

I used this strategy when I had that problem during NaNoWriMo one year: Come up with ideas for scenes and write them down on notecards. Arrange the notecards in an order that makes sense. Fill in the gaps.

Also, don't be afraid to just write what comes to your mind as it comes to your mind. Some writers just write any scene that comes to their head and then organize it in the editing process.

There's no magical formula for writing a book. Sometimes you just have to experiment to find what works for you.

thank you :D

something you could always do is to write down your dreams until you dream something interesting and write something based off of it

that's a cool idea, thanks :)

All I can think of is write about something you find interesting and are at least somewhat knowledgeable about. I had to write a short story for a competition I was having with my friend and I wrote a story about man from the Aztec time period of Mesoamerica who was caught in battle and was going to be sacrificed. Try to think of interesting things.

thanks, you acutally helped alot :D !!!!!!!!

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service