Nerdfighters

What are some great things John or Hank have said in their videos? Or what are some of the best quotes from any of John's books? Anything! Something funny, inspiring, or just memorable.

DTFBA

Tags: awesome, hank, inspiring, john, quotes, vlogbrothers

Views: 9505

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOVE

From 'Beanie John's Love Advice'.

"Also if you are an 8th grader, or, if you have an 8th grader, take heart. It's probably not this bad, and I turned out alright. I mean, I'm a grown man wearing a beanie making videos on the internet... See you tomorrow!"

Oh, lots of them. some of my favoites are:

John: "...Nerds like us are allowed to be unironically enthusiastic about stuff. We don't have to be like, 'Oh yeah, that purse is okay' or like, 'Yeah, I like that band's early stuff.' Nerds are allowed to love stuff, like jump-up-and-down-in- the-chair-can't-cont rol-yourself-love it...when people call people nerds, mostly what they are saying is, 'You like stuff', which is just not a good insult at all, like 'You are too enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness'." (Harry Potter Nerds Win At Life)

And Hank's classic: "Some days it seems to me like the purpose of life is to convert energy into beauty. And I know that that’s not true, I know that that’s not rationally true, but some days, it’s okay for things to not be rationally true." (Thoughts From A Butterfly Hatch)

Another one from Hank: "Family, friends and fun have nothing to do with stuff, stuff, and stuff. People love you!! People love me! The people that love us don't want our money! They want our time. They want to know we care, and buying something for someone doesn't work anymore. I think that in America now, we don't want more stuff. I don't want more stuff--I want less stuff. I don't want your money, I don't want your stuff. I want your time. And that's what I want to give people this year...I'm just gonna give people my time. Here's my time. It's for you, John, it's for you, Nerdfighters, and it's for all the people that I love in the world. Just ask. I'll give it to you." (November 23rd: BLACK FRIDAY!)

And finally, John: "For me, September 11th is always a good day to spend with family because I'm always reminded on that day that we're only here for a little while, that we only have so long to play in the dirt and ask questions of rivers." (Adorable Baby and Insufficient Cartography)

"The venn diagram of guys who don't like nerd girls and guy's you don't want to date is a CIRCLE."

" there is no them, there is only facets of us."

-john green

"The venn diagram of boys who don't like smart girls and boys you don't want to date is a circle." Definitely one of my favorites.

Oh, Zoe had the same idea. :D

it might just deserve being quoted twice...or more.

BEST!

"Some days it's okay for things to not be rationally true." - Hank Green

My favorite Hank quote is as follows:

"One of the principal facets of being a mature and healthy and effective person is understanding that you are almost always wrong. You might not be all the way wrong, but at least a little bit. You're always a little bit wrong."

Do you have a title to the video? :D

The first words uttered by John in his first vlog:

"I'm not going to be good at this"

Oh, John...

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service